Taurean Thompson now in the portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson now in the portal

You mean the Taurean Thompson who has gotten into 1 of Seton Hall's 13 games, and played for 4 minutes?

That guy?

If 20 and 10 means seeing the court for 20 seconds once every 10 games, I could see that...

Yet on the recruiting board, he was the "heir apparent" to Christmas at the 5 spot, and has contributed to our woes there since, at least according to a poster that many here hold in high regard. Interestingly, as he's being dissed here, one can argue then that this would've just been "par for course" in our recent trend of recruiting ineptness/misses relative to a guy we went strongly after/landed.

Yet on the recruiting board, he was the "heir apparent" to Christmas at the 5 spot, and has contributed to our woes there since, at least according to a poster that many here hold in high regard. Interestingly, as he's being dissed here, one can argue then that this would've just been "par for course" in our recent trend of recruiting ineptness/misses relative to a guy we went strongly after/landed.
What is the purpose of this post?

To call out some unnamed poster?
To disagree with the fact that TT has been unproductive in his time at Seton Hall?
To highlight, for what must be the 6 millionth time this season on this board, that our recruiting has not been up to our historical standards?
All of the above?
Something else?

Sadly, it appears that he’s really regressed.

I'm not sure if he regressed or just really isn't that talented.

When you're that age and you play as much basketball as he does throughout the year it's very difficult to lose skills.

His numbers may have regressed but I dont think he became a worse player.

When you consider how good he was as a frosh how can that be so far fetched? Ok maybe 16 and 8 is much more realistic, which would be a huge bonus to this team. Someone said his defense sucked but you'd think it would have been much better by this time in his career here. I just think it's a shame that things went so south for him after his mother apparently meddled in his affairs.
He thought defending was beneath him

Some players are system guys they play well or excel in one system, but not necessarily in another system.

I believe Taurean was a better fit for our system than Seton Hall's

I'm not sure if Moyer would have worked out here any better than at Vanderbilt, he wasn't healthy enough to fine out.

Sadly, it appears that he’s really regressed.

Yep it sure does. I was wrong about him. I thought he would develop at least into a good inside player who could gather rebounds and putbacks

What is the purpose of this post?

To call out some unnamed poster?
To disagree with the fact that TT has been unproductive in his time at Seton Hall?
To highlight, for what must be the 6 millionth time this season on this board, that our recruiting has not been up to our historical standards?
All of the above?
Something else?

99.9% this. I just wanted to keep the scroll ticking for that 6 million & one time this season so that none of us can forget. ;)

The kid was pretty skilled. If left alone, JB and team probably could've gotten him where we needed.
If I don't believe in God, no amount of time with the Pope is going to get me to embrace religion.

And just to be clear, I am equating God and defense. TT did not believe in defense. He was never going to embrace playing the zone well.

If I don't believe in God, no amount of time with the Pope is going to get me to embrace religion.

And just to be clear, I am equating God and defense. TT did not believe in defense. He was never going to embrace playing the zone well.
lol! The zone is hard to learn. Most freshmen especially in the back line struggle learn "when to do what".

A player has to not only read the offense but also be in tune with their teammates and do at game speed.

lol! The zone is hard to learn. Most freshmen especially in the back line struggle learn "when to do what".

A player has to not only read the offense but also be in tune with their teammates and do at game speed.
He refused to don his reading glasses and couldn't tune a fish.

I'll let myself out now.

Figuring he is gotta be 21 now and in Nashville I’d say probably having a good time off court
I'm pretty sure he was that old before he left the cuse. But good point.

Never is a mighty long time.

Taurean was an extremely talented offensive big man who would have been of great use to our recent squads. Not sure what has happened to him at the Hall, but I still wish we had him. Without the crazy mom, I guess

I got some further info on those text messages from his mom to Seton Hall coaches. Turns out the first 50 were to work out the details of the transfer. The remaining were just her checking to see if they had received the note from TT's personal doc confirming his severe allergy to playing defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom