Taurean Thompson now in the portal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson now in the portal

Yet on the recruiting board, he was the "heir apparent" to Christmas at the 5 spot, and has contributed to our woes there since, at least according to a poster that many here hold in high regard. Interestingly, as he's being dissed here, one can argue then that this would've just been "par for course" in our recent trend of recruiting ineptness/misses relative to a guy we went strongly after/landed.

Diange

TT just doesn’t love playing basketball and putting in the work to be great. That’s ok. It’s also unfortunate because he has a lot of skill.

Id bet money this is the real reason.

I just looked at stats. He played in 27 games last year and 1 this year. Hall is a top 10 team and with that there is plenty of garbage time to go around. On top of it their second best player, the big from Rep of Georgia was out an extended period.Has to be eligibility related

Seeing Taurean and Moyer struggle to even find playing time at SHU and Vandy makes me worry. Are we really far off in our recruiting analysis? Or are we not developing them very well when they get here? Or did we make them look much better than they actually were? Strange...

Seeing Taurean and Moyer struggle to even find playing time at SHU and Vandy makes me worry. Are we really far off in our recruiting analysis? Or are we not developing them very well when they get here? Or did we make them look much better than they actually were? Strange...

I sense there are "other issues" with Taurean that he can't even get off the bench at all. As far as Moyer, looks like that was a miss. He's struggled his one season here and under 2 coaches now at Vandy. I was wrong on him.

Neither end I believe. He might score 20 but he was way too lazy to rebound. As for the other end, he would give up far more than 20 and 10 each game. His defense reminded me of a totem pole with its complete lack of moving. He did have the best view in the house though of the other team scoring on layups.
Rumor has it that he was asked to fill in for the chair when Yi Jianlian worked out for the Bucks, but the chair was proven to be a more formidable defender

Bring him home

Just a general question -- Has there ever actually been a player that transferred to another school and then came back to the same school? Is that even allowed?

Iona makes a lot of sense here. Would be something if both Thompson and Carey end up at Iona. Think it’s a real possibility.

Also what a three man class that was with Battle, Moyer and Thompson. Obviously battle was a good player for us but Moyer and Thompson are going on their third school. Wow

Iona makes a lot of sense here. Would be something if both Thompson and Carey end up at Iona. Think it’s a real possibility.

Also what a three man class that was with Battle, Moyer and Thompson. Obviously battle was a good player for us but Moyer and Thompson are going on their third school. Wow
NO WAY TT ends up Iona. Rick has this odd expectation that his players actually attempt to play tenacious D.

This is a shocker
3.jpg

Taurean was a great talent, hope he goes somewhere and plays

Bring him home

Just a general question -- Has there ever actually been a player that transferred to another school and then came back to the same school? Is that even allowed?

I've seen it with LAX players before.

Never hoops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom