Taurean Thompson now in the portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson now in the portal

Bring him home

Just a general question -- Has there ever actually been a player that transferred to another school and then came back to the same school? Is that even allowed?
Four MLB players have been traded for themselves ...

College hoops is turning into a joke with all the one & dones, the transfer portal and the amount of money coaches are making. I loved college hoops when guys stayed all four years (Ricky Jackson, Kris Joseph, CJ Fair, Scoop & Howard) or even three (Pearl) and if you didn't get a lot of playing time, you worked extra hard to get on the court. Now if the kids aren't playing, they transfer or transfer again. Don't watch the NBA anymore and don't want this to happen to the NCAA any time soon. Sad that TT is transferring again!

College hoops is turning into a joke with all the one & dones, the transfer portal and the amount of money coaches are making. I loved college hoops when guys stayed all four years (Ricky Jackson, Kris Joseph, CJ Fair, Scoop & Howard) or even three (Pearl) and if you didn't get a lot of playing time, you worked extra hard to get on the court. Now if the kids aren't playing, they transfer or transfer again. Don't watch the NBA anymore and don't want this to happen to the NCAA any time soon. Sad that TT is transferring again!

Nobody wants to be a role player anymore. These kids all think they’re stars.

Bring him home

Just a general question -- Has there ever actually been a player that transferred to another school and then came back to the same school? Is that even allowed?

Totally unrelated, but there was a kid in my high school that transferred out after our sophomore year. He transferred back in two years later and was somehow still in 10th grade.

Why?

I know this is a contrarian view but I'm surprised Seton Hall actually got good enough to not need TT. Its as much them being good as him not being all that Now some of that is on TT but he wasn't bad for us and my guess is hes just a guy who was as good as a freshmen as he would be as a senior. Lots of dudes are like that.

He could transfer to Dayton and give them 10 points a game in Toppins spot.

NO WAY TT ends up Iona. Rick has this odd expectation that his players actually attempt to play tenacious D.

Eh, if I'm Pitino I'd consider it. Find out if he's a disruptive influence on team chemistry. If reports say he is, you don't bother.

If he's not, he may be worth a roll of the dice. Kid with his last shot at success, maybe he takes it serious, if not, bench him and let him take the Geno Thorpe route out.

Low risk, high reward - if he's a kid that's just lazy, and not a jerk as well.

Bring him home

A kid from Siena did it a couple years ago but never played at the new school. Not sure if he sat out a year but when he came back they petitioned the ncaa and he became eligible.

Eh, if I'm Pitino I'd consider it. Find out if he's a disruptive influence on team chemistry. If reports say he is, you don't bother.

If he's not, he may be worth a roll of the dice. Kid with his last shot at success, maybe he takes it serious, if not, bench him and let him take the Geno Thorpe route out.

Low risk, high reward - if he's a kid that's just lazy, and not a jerk as well.
Worth a gamble to fill out the roster. Boot him if he doesn't comply.

Worth a gamble to fill out the roster. Boot him if he doesn't comply.

Yeah, that's where I would go. If you can't find the motivation when you're on your last breath...you never will. Maybe he's that type - just never cared, but it's worth kicking around the idea.

He would be better than Guerrier is this year.
Most players improve in the zone over the years.

We miss him and Brissett right now.
I’m going to save this and when Q is all conference next year I’ll repost

He would be better than Guerrier is this year.
Most players improve in the zone over the years.

We miss him and Brissett right now.
That is one very large opinion. Not sure how you can say this when the kid was flat out lazy. He proved that at Seton Hall for crying out loud. You don't improve in any defense if you are too lazy to work.

But if JB is a great enough defensive coach to be on the Olympic staff, certainly he should be good enough to coach up Taurean Thompson I would imagine.
Imagine someone who's mom tells him is great and doesn't give any effort at all. There is no amount of coaching to cure that.

If you think our D is bad now, just add TT and it would decline to a whole new level.

He would of improved, he was definitely lost in the year he played but he would of been fine in his 2nd year. I was sad to see him leave Syracuse, he would of been a fine 3 year player for Syracuse.

Iona makes a lot of sense here. Would be something if both Thompson and Carey end up at Iona. Think it’s a real possibility.

Also what a three man class that was with Battle, Moyer and Thompson. Obviously battle was a good player for us but Moyer and Thompson are going on their third school. Wow

Slick Rick will run Thompson out of school before their first game the way he plays defense.

He would of improved, he was definitely lost in the year he played but he would of been fine in his 2nd year. I was sad to see him leave Syracuse, he would of been a fine 3 year player for Syracuse.

LOL. He went from .97 blocks per game to .48 blocks per game in his first year playing at Seton Hall. Looks like he really stepped up his D. What part of his game improved at Seton Hall?
TT Stats

Iona makes a lot of sense here. Would be something if both Thompson and Carey end up at Iona. Think it’s a real possibility.

Also what a three man class that was with Battle, Moyer and Thompson. Obviously battle was a good player for us but Moyer and Thompson are going on their third school. Wow

Pitino could make a star out of Carey.

Mom ruined his career.

Will quote myself again. Seton Hall tampered and got nothing out of it but a headache. At this point, he needs to finish his degree b/c unless he has an explosive year at Detroit, whatever pro prospects he had (international at this point), were slim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom