Taurean Thompson | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Dave85

Living Legend
Any news on Taurean's x-rays? I hope he's okay. The kid has been absolutely terrific. He is so much better than I thought he would be. He has great low-post leg work but I am really surprised by how well his jump-shot looks. He's a 6'10" 225 pounds player who can make jump-shots! By March he's going to be a key contributor to our NC effort.

He said it he'd be fine so I expect these "precautionary" x-rays to be just that.

Kid has a bright future, no doubt about it. We are lucky to have him as he is much better than he was rated. I imagine had he went to MSU he would be playing 30min a game right now and we'd be hearing about this under the radar diamond in the rough that Izzo found who's putting up 14 - 8 - 2

He said it he'd be fine so I expect these "precautionary" x-rays to be just that.

Kid has a bright future, no doubt about it. We are lucky to have him as he is much better than he was rated. I imagine had he went to MSU he would be playing 30min a game right now and we'd be hearing about this under the radar diamond in the rough that Izzo found who's putting up 14 - 8 - 2
from his interviews locally he's also a kid who is glad he made the decision to come and wants to be here . Great player !

Friday night he looked VERY raw defensively. A few times White had to literally push him to the right spot in the zone. However, he does look very good defensively. Many a bit more of an inside threat, but less of a shooter than TL.

For a little perspective, which freshmen forwards have ever stepped into the wing position of JB's zone and shined from Day 1?

Take your pick -- it wasn't easy right away for Malachi, Roberson, Lydon, Gbinije, or Grant to cover the shooters, and also get back to cut off inside play.

He's all good. There's been multiple posts about this and even Boeheim commented after the game about it.

For a little perspective, which freshmen forwards have ever stepped into the wing position of JB's zone and shined from Day 1?

Take your pick -- it wasn't easy right away for Malachi, Roberson, Lydon, Gbinije, or Grant to cover the shooters, and also get back to cut off inside play.

Good post. They all struggle, every one that I can remember. The ones that end up being good defenders usually start to get it mid conference schedule that first year but they still make mistakes.

He has been terrific thus far. Really like his game. It's amazing how good he has been so quick. I was thinking the opposite since he didn't signed so late. Shows how stupid I am.

I think Thompson may end up being this year's freshman Lydon, or freshman Fair, or sophomore Kris Joseph in the sense that he's providing a surprising offensive impact and should kind of fly under the radar of opposing teams' scouting reports this year since we have much more prominent players that they'll be focusing on. I love when we have guys like this that come off the bench and punch the other team in the mouth because they weren't paying attention to him.

After the Monmouth Game I don't think he has flown under anybody's Radar

I think you are giving too much credit to the people who are supposed to be paying attention. I guarantee you Thompson and our team in general are under the radar. I've watched Orange basketball for 30 years. This team seems like a top 10 team to me. Maybe I'm Orange drunk and just being biased. We shall see.

First of all, I'm glad Taurean's injury doesn't appear serious. But I love his comments about the defense. He seems to understand what he did wrong and wants to get work on it and get better. I think he's going to be okay.

First of all, I'm glad Taurean's injury doesn't appear serious. But I love his comments about the defense. He seems to understand what he did wrong and wants to get work on it and get better. I think he's going to be okay.
He's a smart kid he'll figure it out . The thing I like about him most is he doesn't have any social media accounts, he's a throwback for sure.

Derrick Coleman. The kid was everywhere and a joy to watch defensively.

Thompson looks great tonight. I think he is our best freshman forward since Melo. I'm projecting here but love him.

OK, maybe not Melo, but definitely got a lot of CJ Fair in his game.

VERY glad to see he's ok. More than OK - took that one dude to school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom