TBT - Jimmer Fredette | Syracusefan.com

TBT - Jimmer Fredette

DonLightfoot

All Conference
I may be the only guy on the planet that has never heard of this guy. ESPN TV sure touted him in their game today and he does have some talent. He played several years in the NBA apparently, but I don't watch that league. This dude never shuts up. Always yapping at the refs, opposing players and anybody that will listen to him from the looks of it. Drove me nuts :confused:

I may be the only guy on the planet that has never heard of this guy. ESPN TV sure touted him in their game today and he does have some talent. He played several years in the NBA apparently, but I don't watch that league. This dude never shuts up. Always yapping at the refs, opposing players and anybody that will listen to him from the looks of it. Drove me nuts :confused:

Didn’t he get into a fight with Stephon Marbury in a game in China?

Met him a few times. Nice guy, kind of a moron. He's out of the NBA because he didn't want to listen to anybody about how to become a better player. He honestly believes teams are dumb for not just giving him the green light.

China is perfect for him because they let him play the way he wants.

Fight is a bit of a stretch but an altercation.

Interesting how like a half dozen security personnel/police officers rushed the court to break things up. I don't think there was that many on the court during the Palace brawl.

Met him a few times. Nice guy, kind of a moron. He's out of the NBA because he didn't want to listen to anybody about how to become a better player. He honestly believes teams are dumb for not just giving him the green light.

Sometimes the less attractive path to some can be more attractive to others. We dont know any player's exact value programming, and this guy's seems far from typical. Money and fame arent everything to certain people who are outside those constraints. I may not agree with whatever he wanted, but I respect the heck out of someone who puts things on the line to try to live the life they wish,inside basketball and anywhere in real life too.

Didnt he used to have a mop on his head? I think it fit the personality better than a typical haircut.

He looks pretty good at this point in his career. He could make it back to the NBA and help the right team.

He looks pretty good at this point in his career. He could make it back to the NBA and help the right team.
He's not out of the NBA because of talent.

He's out of the NBA because of mindset.

p
I understand, but maybe he's grown up. In post game interviews he seems like a good team player, complements his teammates,etc

p
I understand, but maybe he's grown up. In post game interviews he seems like a good team player, complements his teammates,etc
He gets along great with teammates. He doesn't listen to front offices, from what I understand.

Seems like a great teammate when he has the green light and is the Alpha dog. That won't happen on any team in the NBA. He is the perfect TBT player. In shape and can score.

Anyone watching the TBT should realize that the main reason we lost was because we don’t have a three point threat.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have Girard come in someday to nail a few threes for us?

Jimmer's team put on a clinic yesterday -- they absolutely steamrolled the ohio state alumni team, who was one of the tournament favorites -- beating them by 20. Very impressive ball movement.

Small consolation with us losing yesterday, too, but it did make me happy to see the Suckeyes perish in flames.

I love it. Recruiting a decade in advance for Boeheim's Army.

That's what I'm finding amusing. It's a fun summer diversion but I don't want to think about guys playing for the Army - I want them good enough to be on NBA contracts. I'm sure we all feel the same way - it's just the excitement from watching the tournament - I hope... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom