TCU to Big 12?? | Syracusefan.com

TCU to Big 12??

CuseLegacy

So with that line drawn in the sand, the Big 12 leadership has scheduled a key meeting today, Oklahoma President David Boren said.
“The most important goal for the University of Oklahoma is conference stability,” he said. “We intend to support actions that will strengthen and stabilize the conference at the very important meeting of the conference board.”
The Pac-12 late Tuesday squashed any hope of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and Texas Tech heading west in what surely would have been a death blow to the Big 12.
But the conference realignment wheels are still turning, especially with the Aggies planning to join the Southeastern Conference as soon as legal threats are out of the way.
“Certainly the position of Oklahoma State and I think most of the schools, if not all, is that we want to add a 10th team,” said Oklahoma State president Burns Hargis, a member of the league’s expansion committee. He listed TCU, Houston, SMU, BYU, Utah and Air Force among the potential expansion targets before saying “we’ve talked about a lot of ideas.”

So with that line drawn in the sand, the Big 12 leadership has scheduled a key meeting today, Oklahoma President David Boren said.
“The most important goal for the University of Oklahoma is conference stability,” he said. “We intend to support actions that will strengthen and stabilize the conference at the very important meeting of the conference board.”
The Pac-12 late Tuesday squashed any hope of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and Texas Tech heading west in what surely would have been a death blow to the Big 12.
But the conference realignment wheels are still turning, especially with the Aggies planning to join the Southeastern Conference as soon as legal threats are out of the way.
“Certainly the position of Oklahoma State and I think most of the schools, if not all, is that we want to add a 10th team,” said Oklahoma State president Burns Hargis, a member of the league’s expansion committee. He listed TCU, Houston, SMU, BYU, Utah and Air Force among the potential expansion targets before saying “we’ve talked about a lot of ideas.”

I think BYU is #1 on their list. Maybe TCU is 2nd. But Utah? Didn't they just move to the Pac12?

I really think the 3 programs in Texas (TCU, SMU and Houston) make a lot of sense. The oe former SWC team that will get no love is Rice. Tulsa could be a good addition too. BYU probably wouldn't do it.

I doubt they take three Texas schools but i could easily see one, probably either TCU or Houston, BYU would be a nice score and I am surprised not to see WVU in the mix

whoa...Texas continues to state that the LHN is not up for discussion...that other revenue sharing may be made but for the same reason the Pac 12 did not move and there has been hurt feelings in the Big 12...Texas is a cancer that someday will die on the vine by itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom