Class of 2019 - TE Ben Castellano (VA) Verbal to Richmond | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 TE Ben Castellano (VA) Verbal to Richmond

Offers from CMU, Indiana, Yale, Kent St, Syracuse

Kent St offered after SU.
No VA or VT offers a good local boy, I can see why, in that his highlights he was up on the line once for blocking, all the other downs he was spread out at wr. That to me is to where he should be listed at but being 6'-5" 225, ( OK) but runs a 4.75 40 won't get him many looks at wr. We add some weight/muscle to him and work on his blocking skills. He has a great set of hands and with his speed and moves,he is a nightmare match up for linebackers. If he gets his bocking down he could be as good as anyone out there.

Meet the Top Targets for #IUFB's Class of '19

TE Ben Castellano
- Another prospect that attended Junior Day, Castellano who attends Woodgrove, VA. He is a prospect on the rise as the interest is piling up for him. Maryland, Penn State, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, Syracuse and even Yale which shows what kind of kid he is. Last season he had an awesome year with 61 catches for 804 yards along with 9 touchdowns. He runs an unofficial 40 at 4.7 and at 6’4, 225 pounds, the talent is there and IU did great work getting in on him early. As the relationship between the two build, Castellano is a name to watch out for.

I respect his decision.
I don't understand it, but I respect it.
Enjoy the rich tradition of Spider Football. A team that is best known for playing at the same school as the basketball team that toppled #2 seed Syracuse in the NCAAs so many years ago.

I respect his decision.
Enjoy the rich tradition of Spider Football. A team that is best known for playing at the same school as the basketball team that toppled #2 seed Syracuse in the NCAAs so many years ago.
I don't know the situation for the other schools that might have offered, but Syracuse got its TE a few weeks ago. I think he badly misplayed his hand. Kids in that 'good but not great' range take a big risk waiting until August before committing.

I don't know the situation for the other schools that might have offered, but Syracuse got its TE a few weeks ago. I think he badly misplayed his hand. Kids in that 'good but not great' range take a big risk waiting until August before committing.
Right. Maybe our offer wasn't committable anymore and the others dried-up too.

I respect his decision.
754376.jpg

I respect his decision.

as opposed to SU, which, yeah, HAD a great football tradition, but is now considered a basketball school with a garbage P5 football program (in the eyes of many, Dino will change that I believe). In this case, the Spiders were likely his best option, and all the best to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom