Class of 2020 - TE Steven Mahar (NY) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 TE Steven Mahar (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zembiec mention is a little unfortunate. I mean SU was in the midst of a coaching change. Not surprising that was new staff was just trying to get their feet on the ground.

So let me get this right, he's upset that SU didn't offer him earlier, but waiting on offers from the SEC? Feel like a lot of the upstate NY guys expect Syracuse to jump on them early and then wait around to see if they get bigger name offers.

Yeah that article made it sound like he thinks he should have been offered by Syracuse months before others. Not going to judge but sounds not that good for us imo.

He isn’t doing a great job playing the recruiting game. At least not as far as Syracuse goes. His HS coach should be working with him, advising him on what to say.

Good luck to him. Hope he ends up at a P5 school. He could be a good player if he works hard.

If I were recruiting him and read that article, he’d go down on my board.

We basically waste our time on upstate and Western NY kids.
Why? Because most want to try something different. Most are overrated, and they are few and far between. Granted because they are close their recruitment is cost effective so its worth offering but isn't worth chasing.

Don’t get me wrong - I’ll never judge a person I don’t know, but that article doesn’t make
him look the way he should want to look, IMO.
Thought the same thing, not sure if it’s intentional but he just comes off in an arrogant kind of way, wasn’t a fan of that but I know our staff wouldn’t bring in anybody that would be detrimental to our culture that we’ve instilled in their tenure here.

Right

Shouldn't Penn State have offered you earlier considering their past ties to the school and Zembiac?

Why you gotta judge Syracuse harshly bro?

I’ll be waiting for moneys take on this. We all know he’s very tied into the 585 scene.

Think people are over reacting a little bit here, he said we have a little work to do. I think the article made it sound a little more harsh then it really was. Maybe Money can share a little more insight here. Hes right down the road so if the staff feels like they really want him they can easily turn up the heat pretty easily.

Sounds like he wants to enjoy the process of recruiting. He could have said it better but most prospects have these thoughts. They normally keep it to themselves lol. Some of these kids don't want to show their cards too early and they want big offers on the table before a decision is made. ( until a team they like give them the squeeze). Its how kids are these days. Thats what social media does.

Rochester and NYS kids think SU should be involved more. They especially think SU should offer before other P5's outside the state do. Same thing happens in every state. One quick example of this is FL DB prospect Robert Hanna. I know he is a little bitter torwards Miami because they offered after others did. That's one of the reasons why Cuse is in a good spot with him but do some of you think LSU is passing on Louisiana kids that want Florida or Bama offers?

Sounds like he wants to enjoy the process of recruiting. He could have said it better but most prospects have these thoughts. They normally keep it to themselves lol. Some of these kids don't want to show their cards too early and they want big offers on the table before a decision is made. ( until a team they like give them the squeeze). Its how kids are these days. Thats what social media does.

Rochester and NYS kids think SU should be involved more. They especially think SU should offer before other P5's outside the state do. Same thing happens in every state. One quick example of this is FL DB prospect Robert Hanna. I know he is a little bitter torwards Miami because they offered after others did. That's one of the reasons why Cuse is in a good spot with him but do some of you think LSU is passing on Louisiana kids that want Florida or Bama offers?
Why do u think we wait on ny kids longer. They are 1.5 hrs from campus wouldn’t they know this kid in and out long before anyone else. He really does sound attitude a bit but I don’t know him. That article would make me pause I tell u that.

Why do u think we wait on ny kids longer. They are 1.5 hrs from campus wouldn’t they know this kid in and out long before anyone else. He really does sound attitude a bit but I don’t know him. That article would make me pause I tell u that.
Have to look at it from both perspectives. SU is extra careful with giving NYS kids offers. Its like saying l dont believe that you can really play so Im gonna make you do extra stuff while you watch me send a plethora of offers to kids I barely know from FL MD NJ on twitter lol. Kids and coaches see that. Kids in NY feel like they are just as good as players from those states.

Have to look at it from both perspectives. SU is extra careful with giving NYS kids offers. Its like saying l dont believe that you can really play so Im gonna make you do extra stuff while you watch me send a plethora of offers to kids I barely know from FL MD NJ on twitter lol. Kids and coaches see that. Kids in NY feel like they are just as good as players from those states.
So why do we make them jump thru hoops when we should have offered before anyone.

So why do we make them jump thru hoops when we should have offered before anyone.
NYS has such a crappy reputation. General consenus is that we don't invest enough, we dont play enough games, we don't have enough competition, we don't have enough coaches working together but there are some talented players here that would be highly touted if they were in states that did all those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.