teach Broyld the read option and go all in | Syracusefan.com

teach Broyld the read option and go all in

Millhouse

Living Legend
i don't care what the braintrust here says, that kid didn't throw for as many yards as he did in high school without being able to throw a little.

keep the no huddle, shrink the playbook even more, zone read the out of everyone, run for 300 a game, and let the smart guys complain that he shotputs his completed deep passes to funderburke a little too much.

i don't care what the braintrust here says, that kid didn't throw for as many yards as he did in high school without being able to throw a little.

keep the no huddle, shrink the playbook even more, zone read the out of everyone, run for 300 a game, and let the smart guys complain that he shotputs his completed deep passes to funderburke a little too much.
from your key board to Gods ears...was thinking the silver lining in all of this is for AB who has to be smiling with the opening this should create at the qb position

If he can run the offense and make it effective I'm fine with it. The idea is to score and when you pass the ball it goes to your guys not the other guys so if he can do this effectively and does it better than the rest...it's a very good thing. I wonder if the idea of having a new OC is giving him a little more hope to play the position?

That pic of Marrone is priceless and I agree, time for Broyld.. I am in.

It will be interesting to see if we stick to one QB or if the two-headed monster rears its ugly head again. I would guess they are going to explore all kinds of options in the Spring.

Probably going to be Loeb (safe choice) with Broyld/Hunt battling for backup. What I'd like to see is a Broyld package and get him 3-4 series a game.

If Hunt has a little whiggle in him and throws a better ball - wouldn't he be the better choice?

Probably going to be Loeb (safe choice) with Broyld/Hunt battling for backup. What I'd like to see is a Broyld package and get him 3-4 series a game.

All bet's are off on Loeb being the safe choice with a new OC and crew coming in.

If Hunt has a little whiggle in him and throws a better ball - wouldn't he be the better choice?

If they're going to be QBs who often run the ball, we're probably going to need 2. May the best man win, may the loser be game ready.

I'm over Cam Newton. I want one to be our Colin K (not daring spell it). He has to have the worst throwing motion, but if it's caught by someone on your team, then who cares.

I'd like to see a new offensive coordinator hired before we start discussing scheme. I'd also like to see that same OC put the best team on the field, regardless of class. If that means Broyld / Loeb / Hunt.. I will support that.

Should be a fun spring fling.

Sometimes I wonder since SS is a defense guy and has mentioned playing fast, would he put in a qb that wouldn't turn the ball over or would he go for it and have faith his defense can stop anyone anywhere?

the new staff has to be careful to avoid looking directly into Loeb's eyes, otherwise they'll give him anything he wants.

Imagine if he gets hurt. Our staff, the opposing staff, all players, and 40,000 fans will all rush to his aid. And some random girl in Louisiana will jump off the 2nd deck of Tiger Stadium.

All bet's are off on Loeb being the safe choice with a new OC and crew coming in.
Yeah, you're right. I was thinking safe choice in terms of current offensive scheme.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking safe choice in terms of current offensive scheme.

I'm guessing his advantage on starting went by by when the crew shuffled off to Buffalo.

I'm quite happy with the qb's already in house but to be honest I have never liked the multiple qb thing, I think it takes away the rhythm you have with your starter. Now if the starter is struggling quite a bit then yeah, maybe replace him but 3 or 4 series by qb2 can be more harmful to the flow then it is advantageous. But...we'll see once the players get together and with this group it may work.

Agreed. Can't wait to see who the new OC will be, that will provide a big clue as to which type of QB will best fit his system. May the best man win.

Gee, I wonder if Marrone & Hackett ever thought of trying that, or at least putting in a package just for AB...

Come on Milly! Especially if you are going to throw around terms like braintrust and meathead.

Gee, I wonder if Marrone & Hackett ever thought of trying that, or at least putting in a package just for AB...

Come on Milly! Especially if you are going to throw around terms like braintrust and meathead.

Everyone can be biased or have clouded judgement, every once and awhile a good player ends up on the bench, look at Sales, if he didn't have a monster game against K State, who knows if he even gets back on the team.

another offseason = more time

Can't imagine the New OC/ Qb coach would not say lets give this kid another shot at QB? regarding Broyld why not, Not saying he will make an NFL guy but putting one of your best athletes at the qb spot isn't the worst idea in the world in the college game

Can't imagine the New OC/ Qb coach would not say lets give this kid another shot at QB? regarding Broyld why not, Not saying he will make an NFL guy but putting one of your best athletes at the qb spot isn't the worst idea in the world in the college game
especially when it's not like they have some great prototype passer alternative. loeb might be like paulus taking his lumps just to put together minutes before it's time to graduate.

Well once the new OC meets the kids maybe the first thing he'll do is ask..."OK, who here is a quarterback?" As much as it's suppose to be a fast paced offense whoever comes in will want to see all the possibilities and make his own call, that's what I'd do as well as watch a bunch of tape and get some feedback from the staff.

If Chip and Milly want to keep Charlie off of the field they should keep him busy in the training room. I'm sure you two know your way around saunas and the like.

This goes here now.
witnesses.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom