teach Broyld the read option and go all in | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

teach Broyld the read option and go all in

I know Millhouse values my opinion so I'll throw this out there.

Keep the hurry up.

Get Wilson on campus. Start Loeb. Hunt's your primary backup and get him some snaps. Redshirt Broyld and have him spend a year at QB. Kinder finishes his four years.

Next season, open comp in the spring for QB among Soph Hunt, Soph Broyld, RF Wilson and any other contenders (hotshot freshman, JUCO, whatever) that comes out of the woodwork. Name the QB at the end of the spring and build the offense around whatever the best man brought to the table.

If Hunt has a little whiggle in him and throws a better ball - wouldn't he be the better choice?
I think the purple one is the littlest - is that who you were thinking of?
the_wiggles_cast-11808.jpg

I know Millhouse values my opinion so I'll throw this out there.

Keep the hurry up.

Get Wilson on campus. Start Loeb. Hunt's your primary backup and get him some snaps. Redshirt Broyld and have him spend a year at QB. Kinder finishes his four years.

Next season, open comp in the spring for QB among Soph Hunt, Soph Broyld, RF Wilson and any other contenders (hotshot freshman, JUCO, whatever) that comes out of the woodwork. Name the QB at the end of the spring and build the offense around whatever the best man brought to the table.
. it's not that hard. he can learn how to pull a handoff and run by next year.

Can't imagine the New OC/ Qb coach would not say lets give this kid another shot at QB? regarding Broyld why not, Not saying he will make an NFL guy but putting one of your best athletes at the qb spot isn't the worst idea in the world in the college game

Yeah, I've been on this bandwagon since before stole our prom date. I think the math is really simple -- if you're a team that's not exactly flush with top tier athletes, when you get one you have to make sure he has a big impact. QB, RB, rush end, WR, CB, MLB. If you get one that has some potential at QB and you don't already have a really good QB, then you've answered your question on where to look at him first and for the longest. If he simply can't throw, then fine, but I think you have to give QB a loooonnnggggg shot if there is any chance he fits there. Having an all-conference type talent (I realize he probably is miles away from an all-conference QB right now) would be great to help transition us to Shafer's tenure.

If Chip and Milly want to keep Charlie off of the field they should keep him busy in the training room. I'm sure you two know your way around saunas and the like.

We could do worse. For example, every other human on earth.

i don't care what the braintrust here says, that kid didn't throw for as many yards as he did in high school without being able to throw a little.

keep the no huddle, shrink the playbook even more, zone read the out of everyone, run for 300 a game, and let the smart guys complain that he shotputs his completed deep passes to funderburke a little too much.

Most times the 'athlete,' 'dual purpose' QB who seems a little thick mentally is best served, for himself and his team, being moved to WR or RB or DB.

I said nearly the same thing in another thread. We know he can run and has moves. As long as he doesn't throw it to the other team, I want to see him get a shot. It worked well with Pat White and the 'neers. AB's not as fast, but he's a heckuva lot bigger.

Most times the 'athlete,' 'dual purpose' QB who seems a little thick mentally is best served, for himself and his team, being moved to WR or RB or DB.
after listening to rich gannon and phil simms for years be so stupid in the booth and rooting for the all time knucklehead jim kelly, i'm not worried it

i don't care what the braintrust here says, that kid didn't throw for as many yards as he did in high school without being able to throw a little.

keep the no huddle, shrink the playbook even more, zone read the out of everyone, run for 300 a game, and let the smart guys complain that he shotputs his completed deep passes to funderburke a little too much.
Loeb is the guy to beat.

If you think that Nassib was just a top-3 rounder NFL QB hiding in the shadows, and Marrone & co. did nothing more interesting than let him play so that he could showcase his latent skills, then yeah, let's look for the next innate talent on our roster.

But if you think that Nassib was a raw talent who was coached up by Marrone & Hackett, then you have to look at Loeb. As #2, he got the 2nd most coaching from the same staff, and Hackett did not skip a beat when he had to put Loeb into the bowl game. Didn't Loeb win one of those offseason QB competitions this past summer? And you think a guy with those skills, coached by Marrone & Hackett, and who mastered the playbook, isn't the preeminent candidate for next year?

I don't want a guy who has to run. With our returning OL, our RB stable, and our WR/TE roster, I want a guy who gets us into the right play and can make the accurate throw when needed.

One thing that may be working in Broyld's favor...

A lot of the effective college offenses are really, really simple. I never got the sense that our "multiple" attack was easy to learn.

Supposing we adopt a simple offense geared to the college game, Broyld may not have to learn the entirety of the Saints playback before it's decided he can contribute as a QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom