Team Chemistry | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Team Chemistry

Theres no leadership on the court. I see a bunch of guys waiting to chuck 3’s . Theres no NBA players on this team. I thought OB had potential but he has regressed. They are definitely not organized and look out of sync. It’s terrible and embarrassing.

Not in a personality way, but in an on-the-court way, has there been an SU team in recent years with worse chemistry than this one? Every game it looks like these guys just assembled a team at the local playground instead of being a college team that has practiced and played together for countless hours.

How many times last night did we turn the ball over on a pass to no one because guys weren't on the same page? Throw on top of that the horrific offensive sets where no one does anything (lazy screens, lackadaisical cuts, etc.) and the long stretches every game where guys seem disinterested, and you have a recipe for the disaster that is currently unfolding.
They are being inhibited by Boeheim s offensive plans.(is that an oxymoron). We have the talent- let em play street ball. Behind the back passes, take your man one on one, just the keys to the car to play ball. Anything but high side bs picks that lead nowhere.

They are being inhibited by Boeheim s offensive plans.(is that an oxymoron). We have the talent- let em play street ball. Behind the back passes, take your man one on one, just the keys to the car to play ball. Anything but high side bs picks that lead nowhere.

It’s a problem. The fact that some of this stuff continues means it is probably allowed. How many times are we going to see somebody dribble off the leg. Or go between their legs off a PNR or dribble handoff only to lose it/get stripped/turn it over? Just can’t have that. Make it stop.

Not that I'm doubting folks on here, but what are you seeing specifically out there that leads you to believe their is an issue with chemistry. Is it demeanor during timeouts, on the floor, failure to pass, etc? I'm really trying to understand.

Not that I'm doubting folks on here, but what are you seeing specifically out there that leads you to believe their is an issue with chemistry. Is it demeanor during timeouts, on the floor, failure to pass, etc? I'm really trying to understand.
I think it's just the general uninspired going-through-motions play - and the 2nd half collapses of the last two games

I think it's just the general uninspired going-through-motions play - and the 2nd half collapses of the last two games

That's fair, but could also be attributed to other factors than problems within the squad.

It's just a sense of players seemingly having no idea where they are supposed to be on the court, which leads to the ballhandler having no idea where anyone is going to be. How many times this year have we had passes result in turnovers either out of bounds or to the other team because we had one guy moving one way and the ballhandler passing it another way? Or a lob pass to a guy not expecting a lob pass? Or a lob pass that two guys go for?

It's not an attitude chemistry issue (although I think there are far too many stretches of disinterested, lackadaisical play from too many guys), but there doesn't appear to be much cohesion on the court.

I was going to post this last night. JB needs to be careful he doesn’t lose this team. It’s important that they get on another winning streak here or that danger is possible.

This team plays like they don't give a sh%Г a lot of the time. If the game is coming easy, great... If the game gets tough, they don't want it...

Motivation looks sorely lacking, so the ship may have already sailed on that.

What if Tyus had not returned? That put Hughes at the 2(better suited) and marek as starter. How would we compare? Would a different top dog make a difference? Would we have more of a junkyard dog mentality instead of this diva like self perspective with the finger over the mouth pre season.

What if Tyus had not returned? That put Hughes at the 2(better suited) and marek as starter. How would we compare? Would a different top dog make a difference? Would we have more of a junkyard dog mentality instead of this diva like self perspective with the finger over the mouth pre season.
And when Tyus announced his return I felt that put us over the top and dismissed Bazley as no longer needed. Well guess what? So far I’m wrong about Tyus and now I realize how much we needed Bazley as he could have benefited in stage. Doh!

If Tyus doesn’t come back, Carey starts with Frank in the backcourt and Hughes still at the 3.

People are over psychoanalyzing everything.

It's funny, but I've never really seen a lot of people look happy when they're losing.
tyus battle's game faces are among the best.

886715020-jimmy-v-classic.jpg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom