Team is effectively dead... | Syracusefan.com

Team is effectively dead...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Listless performance in a must-win game on the road. Minus the 3 3's White hit, and Thompson's first-half run offensively, there has been nothing to show me that they are going to have a shot at an NCAA Tournament appearance.

This program has eroded quickly since that Ennis shot against Pitt.

Point guard play hurting us big time. Gillon can't do anything against techs pressure and Howard is howard.

Sad that my glimmers of hope for next year hinge on Ayala reclassifying and passing up Maryland.

These rotations have been messed all year...never got better

He's never figured out the Howard/Gillon mins. He's just gone all in with one or the other and that just wasn't the answer

He's never figured out the Howard/Gillon mins. He's just gone all in with one or the other and that just wasn't the answer
He's screwed up Robey/TT/Lydon also

Listless performance in a must-win game on the road. Minus the 3 3's White hit, and Thompson's first-half run offensively, there has been nothing to show me that they are going to have a shot at an NCAA Tournament appearance.

This program has eroded quickly since that Ennis shot against Pitt.

It's hard not to feel negative from what we watched out there regardless of making it close the last couple minutes. It's inexpiable how much less energy we play with on the road... then again FSU has a pretty good team and they have the same problem of looking just awful on the road. We can't win if we don't shoot well and Gillon just killed us today. He's capable of playing a lot better ... and with the maturity of TT we have a legit scoring threat at 5 spots instead of 4 now and slow improvement from TT on defense.

We aren't winning any titles this year but this team is perfectly capable of beating Duke and GT at home and winning an ACC tourney game to make the dance? They are maddeningly inconsistent so a deep run in march madness is incredibly unlikely. But we can scorch the nets if at least 3 of 5 guys are clicking and we are playing with energy on D. Today we had 1.5 guys clicking and still had a shot.

I'm as disappointed as anyone but I'd still give us a decent shot to make the tournament most likely by beating Duke and GT at home. This road team @UL could get really ugly but every game its a matter of us draining shots and non-terrible D.

Gillon is going to have to have a 180 in play if we're beating anyone down the stretch.

Howard, as frustrating as he can be, is much more talented than Gillon and I thought outplayed him by a mile yesterday in his bizarrely limited minutes.

Not going to happen, we are a dead man walking.
It's likely that they are sooooo stupid and fluckin arrogant, that they are looking ahead to dook and will bring it.

Their hoop IQ is sooo freakin low...why not??:noidea::bat:

Oh Lord

It's likely that they are sooooo stupid and fluckin arrogant, that they are looking ahead to dook and will bring it.

Oh Lord
This!.....we have some low hoop IQ's on the team!

Oh Lord

I am still hoping they get the idea of holding for the last shot, its only the end of Feb, at some point they will get it, right?

It's been an interesting basketball season watching the schizophrenic posters on this board. They started out the season feeling disrespected at who was ranked ahead of us in the top 10. Then we weren't going to be a 500 team battling for an NIT birth and JB was incompetent. Then we are in the dance fighting for a spot in Buffalo and why aren't we ranked when team X and Y are. Then we were a bunch of chokers and JB was the antichrist. To our third top 10 win and we almost had a fourth.

Everyone should fill up on their meds now because this is going to be a wild ride whoever we play.

hey i stand by my comments above. never more true. bump all day.

leaving 5 guys on the floor all game requires no thinking. working in effective bench minutes requires effort.
I do agree. But to coach zone is effort. JB BELIEVES BEST PLAYER PLAY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom