Team is starting to meet expectations | Syracusefan.com

Team is starting to meet expectations

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
They probably played a bit beyond expectations for the OOC portion of the year. Now we’re starting to see the team we expected. Young, thin, inexperienced, lack of depth and lack of outside threats. Can’t say I’m surprised. The ACC was always going to be a challenge for this team.

Backs are a little up against the wall now. Staring at a 1-4 start because we’re not beating FSU. The next four games (Pitt x2, BC and GaTech) are now all must wins if we have any post-season expectations. Hopefully the kids find a way of turning this ship around.

after non-con or even after va.tech game did you have us winning @ uva? I sure as hell hope not...
only unexpected and bad L for me so far was Saturday, and that's just because ND was w/o Bonzi/Farrell

If it wasn't for a favorable ACC sked in regards to the teams we play twice, we'd be looking at 4-14. Might still be. Sad

after non-con or even after va.tech game did you have us winning @ uva? I sure as hell hope not...
only unexpected and bad L for me so far was Saturday, and that's just because ND was w/o Bonzi/Farrell
Had us winning at Wake and beating ND. I expected us to be 3-2 after FSU. 1-4 was worst case scenario.

Wake was 7-6 when they beat us. That is a bad L. Don't care if it was on the road
lol ok - all metrics and vegas had us losing that game but hey keep your agenda going

lol ok - all metrics and vegas had us losing that game but hey keep your agenda going
What did the metrics say about Wake losing to Ga Southern, LIBERTY, Drake and Houston? Murderer's row

Lol we play #3 UVA on the road, keep it to the wire and here comes the “we are who we thought we were” threads.
it's unreal. most of the criticism after the ND game was warranted - but tonight on the road agains far-and-away the best defense in the country? it's just priceless

Lol we play #3 UVA on the road, keep it to the wire and here comes the “we are who we thought we were” threads.
Close losses don’t get you squat. This team needs to figure out how to win in the closing stretches of games. That typically takes time and experience. This team is young so it’s not surprising they are struggling down the stretch in close games, coming up on the losing end of our last 4 close games over the past 3 weeks.

Hopefully they figure it out quick. However, I’m a realist. The recent results are not surprising considering the inexperience of the team. On the bright side they continue to play hard and fight in each game. They just need to figure out how to convert that fight into wins.

we were down 12 with a minute left and then for some reason we were allowed to royal rumble them . the refs gave us about five makeup calls including the phantom foul on OB three where he wasnt even touched. we did better than I thought we would overall though

I know this is beating a dead horse, but what I know is that we've got a very good defensive team with 2 or 3 scorers (Frank, Tyus,OB). Until we get that fourth guy to start chipping in points (or everybody collectively helping) we are going to struggle winning games.

Moyer’s gotta cement a role and figure it out or else our wheels will just sputter in the mud. Sidibe’s a year or two away and Marek’s been too big a liability on defense.

Moyer’s gotta cement a role and figure it out or else our wheels will just sputter in the mud. Sidibe’s a year or two away and Marek’s been too big a liability on defense.
I think Moyer is the key guy as well. 8 to 10 points a game from him would make a huge difference. Not sure it can happen on a consistent basis but if his minutes become more consistent and he gains the confidence anything is possible.

I think Moyer is the key guy as well. 8 to 10 points a game from him would make a huge difference. Not sure it can happen on a consistent basis but if his minutes become more consistent and he gains the confidence anything is possible.
If he owns that baseline and can expand his scoring to 8-15 ft i think this years ceiling for him is 6-8 ppg and 8rpg which is more than fine and could be the difference in 5 acc wins or 9

If he owns that baseline and can expand his scoring to 8-15 ft i think this years ceiling for him is 6-8 ppg and 8rpg which is more than fine and could be the difference in 5 acc wins or 9

Right now, Moyer is no different than Roberson.

Solid rebounder when he's involved and can finish plays at the rim when the guards are able to penetrate and dish. Can't create offense on their own. The difference is Moyer is very animated. Roberson was the quiet guy.

Right now, Moyer is no different than Roberson.

Solid rebounder when he's involved and can finish plays at the rim when the guards are able to penetrate and dish. Can't create offense on their own. The difference is Moyer is very animated. Roberson was the quiet guy.
Yeah can’t really argue that. Can only sigh.

Wake now 8-8 (1-3) after losing at home to Va Tech. But but they had a close loss to UNC. And the metrics!

If you had told me before the season that Geno Thorpe and Taurean Thompson would leave the team and that Sidibe would be fighting injuries yet they would be 12-5 and a few breaks from 14-3 I would have been ecstatic with that. It's a young team that plays like it - good enough to beat Va Tech, bad enough to struggle against some lesser teams.

As I do every season I am just enjoying it as it happens with the hope of a better "next year"

They probably played a bit beyond expectations for the OOC portion of the year. Now we’re starting to see the team we expected. Young, thin, inexperienced, lack of depth and lack of outside threats. Can’t say I’m surprised. The ACC was always going to be a challenge for this team.

Backs are a little up against the wall now. Staring at a 1-4 start because we’re not beating FSU. The next four games (Pitt x2, BC and GaTech) are now all must wins if we have any post-season expectations. Hopefully the kids find a way of turning this ship around.

My thoughts exactly.