PF
McCollough
Roberson
Lydon

C
Coleman
Diagne

I see BJ transferring

Are you suggesting Richardson replaced Trevor as a starter? That ain't happening. Also, I can't see Ron running the point. At all. Not when you have G to fill in as he has done the last 2 years, and presumably Howard providing some relief there.

PG- Joseph, Howard, Patterson
SG- Cooney, Richardson
SF- Gbinije, BJ
PF- Roberson, Diagne
C- Bryant, Coleman, Obokoh

Howard might redshirt depending on how ready he is. He has PG skills, but he's somewhat converting from SG. We'll see. Richardson is a SG through-and-through but I could see him getting a few minutes at SF if BJ goes or if there are injuries/foul trouble at the forward positions. If Boeheim doesn't want Richardson at SF and BJ leaves, Roberson could play there. I think Lydon is a definite redshirt. Diagne could be a backup center option if Bryant doesn't commit.

BIG Edit: I totally freaking forgot about McCullough. He'll be back

Last edited by a moderator:
How could anyone even think that JB would bench Cooney as a senior?

We could have Michael Jordan coming in as a freshman and Cooney would still be starting over him.

Well, you know, Mike was only so-so as a Frosh...

PG - Joseph
SG - Snappy Griller

Bench guards - Richardson/Gbinije

Deep bench guard - Howard

SF - Gbinije
PF - McCullough

Bench forwards - Roberson/Diagne

Deep bench forward - Lydon

C - Bryant

Bench center - McCullough/Diagne

Deep bench center - Obokoh

Wild cards - Coleman/Patterson/Johnson

One thing is for sure. This team is being set up to be damn good for a couple years. All of you guys who don't think our young players get enough PT to develop, well they are getting it this year. Joseph wouldn't play 1 second on any of our teams over the past 5 years, same for Patterson, BJ, Obokoh. Roberson would get about 10 minutes a game off the bench during the conference season. So you will have all these guys will significant game experience and then add to it what coach feels is his best recruiting class ever and the presumed return of McC, plus DC. There should be very good times ahead depending on the ban.

I hope it all works out to add Bryant to the mix. Would be huge

why does everyone assume that JB is going to give the freshmen PT before BJ.
1) Hes going to be a junior who knows the defense
2) Next year there wont be as much pressure on him to score (hopefully)

I dont see why some of you have him written off already, hes still so young

Joseph/Howard/G
Cooney/Richardson
G/Richardson
McCulough/Roberson/Lydon
Bryant/DC2/Diange (in no particular order)

This is of course a guess. Yes I know players are missing but I refuse to speculate on those guys at this point.

BJ could easily be a D Nichols type player by his senior year. You can tell he's just not comfortable yet. If he gets his comfort level up and in turn his confidence, he will be very solid.

What is the depth chart?

PG
Joseph
Patterson

SG
Richardson
Cooney

SF
Gbinje
Howard
Johnson

PF
McCollough
Roberson
Lydon

C
Coleman
Diagne

I see BJ transferring

If you see BJ transferring, than you may as well add Bryant to C

HoustonCuse said:
BJ could easily be a D Nichols type player by his senior year. You can tell he's just not comfortable yet. If he gets his comfort level up and in turn his confidence, he will be very solid.

I get the sense he only needs 15-20 lbs and to be able to defend to grab a lot of minutes next season.

This is what I like about next years team. Isolation potential, we have more isolation potential by 2,3,4 to 5 players then any team since 09-10 and 09-10 was a complete suprise on that front. Post up is the same as isoation and next years team could have that as well.

Like a NBA team, this team could be built on isolation, thats my number one dream for any syracuse team. Cooney, Gbinije, Dajuan, McCullough, maybe even Roberson, Joseph, Malachi Diagne and bryant could all have it if they work hard at it. Thats a huge statement, I am not talking about scoring 7-8ppg when you get your spots in game, I am talking about taking your man one on one and forcing opponents to double.

BJ Ron, and others can also put some points on top of that. That being said they need to work hard with the coaches over the summer, this team could be three times better adding 2-5 more isolation players and better then any team in the last 10 years if they listen to the coaches and the players work hard to make that jump in the offseason.

Gbinije will play point but from a SF position I think meaning he won't play defense uptop.

Dissagree on Joseph not getting any minutes on past teams he would still get some minutes in blowouts. Ron might have for defense as well. Hes tied for the best on the ball defender on the team with Rak, and nobody is even close.

Last edited:
If we get a loss of scholies by NCAA could it apply to next year and we would have to not bring in all out current recruits or have to let current players go ? or would it be for following year or years ? It would seem unfair to have recruits have to find a new school at this late date ..

If we get a loss of scholies by NCAA could it apply to next year and we would have to not bring in all out current recruits or have to let current players go ? or would it be for following year or years ? It would seem unfair to have recruits have to find a new school at this late date ..

If thats the case can a rich player on the team walk on and buy a 1 year tuition maybe? I know thats asking alot but its for the love of the program, and our walkons haven't been all that good in 2 years.

It would be a hey ncaa look what you caused a innocent kid to do kind of thing as well, considering nobody on next years team will be involved in what they are looking at. Maybe the ncaa would have a change of heart and help the kid out afterwards as the story would go viral. If this were duke no doubt a few of the players would come from a backround with the money to.

We are going to have a nice clean conscience to play some basketball and catch a blessing from above when this all sweeps over.

Last edited:
Joseph PG
Cooney SG
G SF
McCulough PF
Bryant C

theres your starting lineup and final four team

Joseph PG
Cooney SG
G SF
McCulough PF
Bryant C

theres your starting lineup and final four team

Some interesting questions that will influence the lineup:
  • does McCullough start at 4 or 5?
  • does Coleman return at close to full strength or not?
  • does Bryant come here or go elsewhere?
  • where does Roberson--a starter this year--fit into the frontcourt puzzle?

Curious how Dajuan is doing in practice he will be speeding up the hustle in a month or two I imagine.

here's another set of assumptions, just for S&Gs: Patterson & Johnson seek PT elsewhere, DC2 can't fully recover & calls it a career, Cooney & Gbinijie take their degrees & 100,000 Euros to play overseas

PG Joseph
SG Richardson
3rd guard Howard

SF McCullough
PF Roberson
3r forward Lydon

C Diagne
Obokoh

Would patterson really want to sit out a year by transferring at his age? I don't think he would want to go d2, but that's an option. I see him staying even if it means fighting hard for PT.