Team summer workouts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Team summer workouts

If Frank has acquired, through all those repetitions, the kind of unconscious 'feel' for dropping the three ball that is really required to be able to pull off such a performance, it should be a very good shooting year for him, indeed.

No more thoughts about the mechanics, just put it up when you've got that spacing and watch it go in...again...

Im confident, with less pressure to score in iso or fading away, Frank can be a 37-41% perimeter shooter. His forms great.

I've stated it repeatedly -- "less" will be "more" with Frank.

Not having to do too much due to upgraded personnel around him is going to enable him to pick his spots, play off of others' ability to share playmaking responsibilities, and be more effective / efficient as a scorer.

It'll be like that senior guard who played alongside Tyus Jones the year puke won the championship.

This stuff fires me up!! Prediction: Marek is going to be really good this year!

I know Gerry has a rep for not closing on the recruiting trail but I love the connection he clearly has working with these guys kind of similar to Hop. I am really excited for this year. Talent, shooting , and hoops iq. It should be one fun fall through spring as a Cuse fan.

For a guy that tall, I'm skeptical. That would be excellent. I wonder where they're doing those runs these days and if the measurement is accurate.

The old conditioning runs were the stuff of legend. I remember Mike Hopkins going so hard that he barfed all over the track. And I don't think he managed a 5:44 with all that effort. Years later, guys would knock themselves out trying to keep pace with Jason Hart (who did a lot of running and could run sub-6:00 comfortably).

I know Gerry has a rep for not closing on the recruiting trail but I love the connection he clearly has working with these guys kind of similar to Hop. I am really excited for this year. Talent, shooting , and hoops iq. It should be one fun fall through spring as a Cuse fan.

McNamara and Autry's enthusiasm is contagious. That's fun to watch.

For a guy that tall, I'm skeptical. That would be excellent. I wonder where they're doing those runs these days and if the measurement is accurate.

The old conditioning runs were the stuff of legend. I remember Mike Hopkins going so hard that he barfed all over the track. And I don't think he managed a 5:44 with all that effort. Years later, guys would knock themselves out trying to keep pace with Jason Hart (who did a lot of running and could run sub-6:00 comfortably).

Not skeptical at all. We always did these for Soccer conditioning and the top 3 guys to finish all were 6'4 and up. One stride being equal to 3 for an average guy so it makes sense. A sub 6 min mile really isn't that hard for a good athlete. I say that as a 5'4 dude who ran a 5:25 mile and a 5:45 average when doing 5ks. Now ask me to do that at 35... And yeah a lot harder lol.

It's only 1 mile, not a marathon. Kids that are as athletic as D1 basketball players can push themselves for 5-10 minutes and easily break 6:00 miles. There are exceptions, like Shaq or Glen Davis, but Braswell might be 180 lbs and was a track and field star just three months ago.

It's only 1 mile, not a marathon. Kids that are as athletic as D1 basketball players can push themselves for 5-10 minutes and easily break 6:00 miles. There are exceptions, like Shaq or Glen Davis, but Braswell might be 180 lbs and was a track and field star just three months ago.

Generally speaking, it's uncommon for giant people to compete well in distance events (including the mile) - not a matter of fitness but just the difficulty of maintaining an efficient cadence with such long limbs. But you're right:
I forgot that the kid's a track guy, that changes everything. He knows how to run, unlike 99% of people who are 6'7". Very cool.

Doing a little research, I see that Luke Maye allegedly ran a 4:59 at UNC's annual summer mile last summer.

And Larry Bird's PR is 5:08.

Both terrific for taller guys...they're not just good basketball players but really gifted athletes.

This is going to be a fun season. Been too long since we had a regular season where we thought we could beat anyone in the country.

Agreed. It will be nice to have some depth, multiple shooters, and not struggle so much every possession to generate points.

Not that all of last season's issues are going to magically go away, but a heck of a lot of them will. It's going to be a fun year.

Agreed. It will be nice to have some depth, multiple shooters, and not struggle so much every possession to generate points.

Not that all of last season's issues are going to magically go away, but a heck of a lot of them will. It's going to be a fun year.

An average offense with this defense will be a top 7 team.

Frank's jump shot isn't a concern, it is his handle. He needs to get stronger in that area. That should be a main focus of his this offseason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom