team you least want to see in SU's bracket... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

team you least want to see in SU's bracket...

1. Marquette
2. Missouri
3. Don't care.

Teams like Wisconsin, or a mid major team that slows the ball down and give us fits like in previous tournaments. Not scared of Michigan State really. Boeheim correct me if I am wrong is 5-1 against Izzo with the only loss against his national championship team but we are much more talented now than then.

We're the big dog here this season... clearly, some teams will be tougher than others because of the style they play, but 27-1 didn't happen by accident.

We've played teams of all different styles and talent levels this season, and only dropped 1 of those games. Anybody can beat anybody on any given day, but I like our chances regardless of the matchup... and that's including the other potential #1 seeds (Kentucky, NC, Missouri, Ohio St, etc).

I guess if I had to pick a STYLE of team that I would prefer not to face, I would say a team with dominant rebounding, high pressure defense, and a slow down offense. That's the type of team that would give us the most trouble. We don't rebound well (or agressively), our half court offense is a weakness, and a team with a slow down offense limits our possessions. If you add in hot shooting from 3 point range for our opponent, then that would be a recipe for a loss.

We're the big dog here this season... clearly, some teams will be tougher than others because of the style they play, but 27-1 didn't happen by accident.

We've played teams of all different styles and talent levels this season, and only dropped 1 of those games. Anybody can beat anybody on any given day, but I like our chances regardless of the matchup... and that's including the other potential #1 seeds (Kentucky, NC, Missouri, Ohio St, etc).

I guess if I had to pick a STYLE of team that I would prefer not to face, I would say a team with dominant rebounding, high pressure defense, and a slow down offense. That's the type of team that would give us the most trouble. We don't rebound well (or agressively), our half court offense is a weakness, and a team with a slow down offense limits our possessions. If you add in hot shooting from 3 point range for our opponent, then that would be a recipe for a loss.

When you described the style you feared (which I agree with) for SU you described Michigan State to a T. Rebound like crazed dogs, play hellacious D and can play half court offense.

I only need about half a second to answer this one. I have no interest in seeing Sparty in SU's bracket. Hope they finish with a flourish and grab a #1 seed. Rebounding just might be an issue in that game.
Vanderbilt and Marquette are 2 teams I'd like to avoid.

why is missouri such a popular pick? granted i love missouri and think theyre a final 4 team. but isnt our worst matchup against big teams that can kill us on the boards and slow the pace to make us play half court? missouri is the exact opposite. small and plays run and gun. ill take my chances with any team that wants to get in a track meet with us.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

why is missouri such a popular pick? granted i love missouri and think theyre a final 4 team. but isnt our worst matchup against big teams that can kill us on the boards and slow the pace to make us play half court? missouri is the exact opposite. small and plays run and gun. ill take my chances with any team that wants to get in a track meet with us.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

I think Mizzou under Anderson was much more run and gun. They can play in the half court this year. Anybody can kill us on the boards.

SU's speedbump is the sweet 16. The one team that could be seeded 4/5 that scares the sheet out of me is Creighton.

Tired of wussing out. This team hasn't lost with Melo.
I would play anyone. Thets just win them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom