Teams to root for in the postseason? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Teams to root for in the postseason?

Gonzaga for me too. Then, Huggy Bear's WVU team.

Just told my wife an hour ago that to help me get through the rest of the year I could root for UVa. My son and his new bride live in C'Ville and I am an hour away and visit often. There's really not much to dislike about them...

Wisconsin... Want them to win it all bad... Think they're the only team that can beat UK... Them or Duke... UVA could if they get far enough but they'll choke

1. OK State(wife is an alum)
  2. Texas A&M (father in law is a former student...was in the corp..12th man foundation, etc.)...hard core Ag and has rubbed off a little ;)
  3. Duke
  4. UVA
  5. Villanova
  6. Anybody playing Kentucky

So far I have eliminated the ACC, BE and Big10 teams.

The Zags, w/o a doubt. They remind me so much of the undermanned underdogs who came out of Philly's Big 5, and played tough as nails.

Yes, I'm old, and I'm rooting for the closest thing we have to a throwback. BTW, bring back the jump ball after every basket.

For
1. Gonzaga
2. Texas
3. tOSU
4. Villanova
5. Virginia/Notre Dame

Against
1. Georgetown
2. All bluebloods

Duke, Michigan State and Nova.

Honestly would prefer Kansas or Kentucky or another blue blood to a first time winner.

I'm am pulling for William & Mary 1st, then UVA. I've lived in Virginia for 25 years with two kids who are or will be W&M alumni. W&M has a chance to make the NCAA tournament for the first time and is one of the few Div I schools never to be in the tournament. After 322 years, it's time.
I teach at JMU so I have to root for them to get out of the CAA. Congrats by the way on your kids going to W&M. What an amazing school, I pray that my little girls have the opportunity to go to a place as highly regarded as W&M.

None.

Screw them all. SU or bust.
I love March Madness too much to not watch. It's more fun to watch when I'm rooting for someone. It may just be the old "root for the underdog" this year, but I'd like to get behind a solid, likeable team for a couple of weeks. When SU lost in a game I will not mention, I ended up rooting for WVU through their run to the final four. It just makes it more fun.

Rooting for the NCAA tourney to pass quickly.

Focus turns to lacrosse after March 7, if it hasn't already.
I find myself following the lacrosse team much earlier than normal this year. Sick pass by Staats today. They're an easy team to root for.

UVA, Wisconsin, Iowa State. I have enjoyed watching all three of them all year.
I think I may go with your teams. I love Wisconsin and enjoy the efficiency of UVA. I've seen Iowa St. a couple of times, and am not opposed. I think I'll definitely root for those three teams.

Reactions: cto
I teach at JMU so I have to root for them to get out of the CAA. Congrats by the way on your kids going to W&M. What an amazing school, I pray that my little girls have the opportunity to go to a place as highly regarded as W&M.
I've been so happy they chose W&M and have loved them being there. Great school, relatively affordable for in-state residents, and great area for those of us that love history. JMU is about an hour from me so many of my kids' friends chose it as well.

I love March Madness too much to not watch. It's more fun to watch when I'm rooting for someone. It may just be the old "root for the underdog" this year, but I'd like to get behind a solid, likeable team for a couple of weeks. When SU lost in a game I will not mention, I ended up rooting for WVU through their run to the final four. It just makes it more fun.

I'll certainly watch, for the same reason you described--best championship sporting event in the world. But root for another team? Nah. It will be emergent for me.

I'll certainly watch, for the same reason you described--best championship sporting event in the world. But root for another team? Nah. It will be emergent for me.
This is a trial run. I may end up rooting AGAINST UVA for all I know. I may end up like you, just rooting for whatever team strikes my fancy at that given moment.

What sucks is Georgetown can't continue its NCAA tournament record for losing to double digit seeds.
2013-FGCU, 2012-NC state, 2011-VCU 2010-Ohio 2008-Davidson

Death taxes and Georgetown gagging to a double digit seed. I hope they get a 7 seed to continue the streak.

Georgetown is a 6 seed per the matrix right now, and given that 6 and 7 seed games are a toss up, its certainly a possibility.

Not sure how the committee will ultimately split seeds 6 thru 10... will not be much to separate.