Teams you would not want to face in the NCAAs | Syracusefan.com

Teams you would not want to face in the NCAAs

SWFLCUSE

All Conference
I know we are still a month and a half away from the Big Dance, but for the most part we have an idea of what each team is/will be come tourney time. My question is who are the teams that you do not want to see in our region?

I tried to think a little outside the box and not say the other top teams like Michigan and Kansas.

My list is:
Gonzaga
Minnesota
VCU
Michigan St.
& Butler

Gonzoga looks like they could be tough. Pangos and Olynyk play smart basketball. Olynyk anticipates what the opposing offense is trying to do and plays smart D.

The team shoots well..and they have a decent bench...and Harris isn't bad.

Gonzoga looks like they could be tough. Pangos and Olynyk play smart basketball. Olynyk anticipates what the opposing offense is trying to do and plays smart D.

The team shoots well..and they have a decent bench...and Harris isn't bad.
I honestly believe they have the talent and coaching to make a final four run this year. Of course you never know what is going to happen ie. AO going down.

Of course you never know what is going to happen ie. AO going down.

Think the same thing. An injury to a key player could sink them.

Zags are a 1-2 seed. Butler could be too. I'll play anyone in the elite 8 its who we need to avoid the first weekend.

I think for the round of 32 we match up well against all teams that are ranked 15-25 and will be 4-5 seed that we'd see if they win their 4-12 matchup. And a 12 that pulls the upset could be the tougher game than a 4-5 seed.

I am more worried about getting a nasty 8 seed like FSU.

Florida St, Arizona St, Wichita St, Iowa St that's what we're looking at for the first game. Happy to see any Big Ten team deeper into the tourney.

Hmmm...Outside the box I have to say Butler, Zags, any team that plays stall ball, and of course I do not want to see a BE team.

Captain Obvious here but I don't like the Michigan match-up... But then again that would probably be in the final four so I'd take it..

Florida has been ROLLIN lately. They'd be a tough out.

Captain Obvious here but I don't like the Michigan match-up... But then again that would probably be in the final four so I'd take it..

I don't know. Obviously, they are very good. But JB seemed to have Beilein's number when we've played his teams in the past.

I don't know. Obviously, they are very good. But JB seemed to have Beilein's number when we've played his teams in the past.
I think they have better athletes than they ever had at wvu. Stauskus is a nut from deep.

VCU and Wichita St. early and Florida and Michigan later. Only a half dozen or so teams would be favored over us and there is no dominant team, so bring it on. LGO.

I think they have better athletes than they ever had at wvu. Stauskus is a nut from deep.

Wisconsin. Want to try to avoid those slow it down, historically well coached teams who have pieces to execute real well verse zone(although Wiscy doesn'yhave amazing point guard). Teams with good point guards are always tough because they can get into the zone off the dribble which in my opinion, is the hardest thing to guard in a 2-3.

Fla. Mich and any team that takes pride in their "defense" but really just plays clutch and grab.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Has Belien ever had a team this talented before? His West Va teams of the past were set up like mid majors most years...

Syracuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the correct answer. This program is at the point where we shouldn't fear anyone. I'd expect to see threads like this on the boards of second tier programs, not on this one.

The Green Bay Packers.

Also, Michigan and any teams like VCU. I'm not too worried about Florida, we seem to own Billy Donovan.

Teams that I want to face in the tournament because they are definitely overrated: Arizona, Kansas, Mich.

Not many teams that I am terribly worried about at this point. Seems like most of the teams in the country have a lot of work to do before March Madness(including us). The team I least want to face is Butler because they get away with murder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom