Teams you would not want to face in the NCAAs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Teams you would not want to face in the NCAAs

These are the teams I don't want as our 2, 4, 5 seeds
1. Michigan State
2. Indiana
3. Florida
4. Ohio State
5. Butler

That is all. I honestly think it may be better for us to get the 1 seed in the West even though it will be farther away than Washington D.C. as LA is probably going to end up with a bracket like this. 1. Duke/Syracuse/Florida 2. Gonzaga 3. Oregon/Arizona 4. Minnesota/Ohio State/Big Ten team.

In the East the odds are we will see 1. Duke/Syracuse 2. Florida 3. Indiana/Michigan/Michigan State 4. Butler/Big Ten team.
Its pretty obvious the Big Ten Champ is getting Indy as the 1 seed and Louisville as the 2 seed IMO, and Kansas will get Dallas as the 1 seed and probably the 2nd best Pac-12 team as the 2 or 3 in that bracket.

1. Butler - slow half court low scoring game. Extremely physical clutch & shove D. Mental toughness and smart.
2. VCU- best press in the country not a good match vs. our handling challenged and thin backcourt.
3. Indiana- great 3 pt shooters and Zeller inside. Maybe the best offensive team in the country.
4. Gonzaga- talented bigs and a real good PG to distribute.
5. Wichita St.- see Butler.

In general mid majors have given us trouble. They usually have very skilled players who are just a step or two slow or they would be at higher programs. They pass well and shoot well which is what beats the zone. They usually want a slow pace game, control tempo to have a low possessions game and our zone D allows them to control that. We need to have some luck of the draw to avoid those type of teams. SU tends to do well against high level elite teams because they want to play a fast paced open court game and we have ultra athletic players who excel at that type of game. Plus our zone tends to bother those teams...especially if they play in a conference where they don't see a lot of zone (B1G, Pac12). I think we would give teams like Florida, Michigan, Arizona lots of trouble, bring 'em on. Hope we get to meet up with them deep in the tourney.

. Plus our zone tends to bother those teams...especially if they play in a conference where they don't see a lot of zone (B1G, Pac12).

Seriously?

The LAST thing I want to see is a Big Ten team.

Depending on the round they end up in, I wouldn't want to face Illinois early in say a 2 / 7 matchup. All they do is shoot three's and I feel like they could get hot against the zone. Watching them, I feel like it could be a Cuse by 20 win that is never in doubt, or Illinois shoot 60% from 3 and is up by 5 the whole game and we can't ever get ahead. Then again, in that same seeding, Illinois is also a candidate to get upset by the 10 seed if they don't shoot it.

Fla. Mich and any team that takes pride in their "defense" but really just plays clutch and grab.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
We'll see abunch of that from Pitt next game. I don't think that style of play will be acceptable in the ACC. We shall see.

Depending on the round they end up in, I wouldn't want to face Illinois early in say a 2 / 7 matchup. All they do is shoot three's and I feel like they could get hot against the zone. Watching them, I feel like it could be a Cuse by 20 win that is never in doubt, or Illinois shoot 60% from 3 and is up by 5 the whole game and we can't ever get ahead. Then again, in that same seeding, Illinois is also a candidate to get upset by the 10 seed if they don't shoot it.

No team has ever been hotter from 3 then Wisconsin the tourney last year. Not saying I like playing with fire, but having slayed that dragon once, I no longer suck my thumb at the idea of a team going nuts on us from the 3 ball line.

Temple

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom