Tebow starting to make noise.. | Syracusefan.com

Tebow starting to make noise..

Orangepace

2018 Cali Winner: Tackles
Playing for the Mets Class A affiliate down in Columbia. Some quick hitter stats:
  • First 10 games - Triple slashed .184/.244/.342 for OPS of .586; 4R / 2XBH / 2HR / 9 RBI / 10Ks
  • Last 8 games - Triple slashed .333/.400/.519 for OPS of .919; 4R / 4XBH / 3-2B / 1-3B / 6Ks
Almost hit his 3rd HR of the season last night, but it was pulled back over the wall.

I know, "who cares?" right? I've never had anything against Tebow. Always seemed like a stand up dude. Either way, it's extremely surprising (albeit a small sample size) for any person to try picking up baseball at the age of 29, in a professional capacity. I've been following because I was sure he was only going to last 10-20 games before hanging 'em up. Instead, if he can maintain the learning curve he's on, he may well be promoted to High A ball around the end of May.

Playing for the Mets Class A affiliate down in Columbia. Some quick hitter stats:
  • First 10 games - Triple slashed .184/.244/.342 for OPS of .586; 4R / 2XBH / 2HR / 9 RBI / 10Ks
  • Last 8 games - Triple slashed .333/.400/.519 for OPS of .919; 4R / 4XBH / 3-2B / 1-3B / 6Ks
Almost hit his 3rd HR of the season last night, but it was pulled back over the wall.

I know, "who cares?" right? I've never had anything against Tebow. Always seemed like a stand up dude. Either way, it's extremely surprising (albeit a small sample size) for any person to try picking up baseball at the age of 29, in a professional capacity. I've been following because I was sure he was only going to last 10-20 games before hanging 'em up. Instead, if he can maintain the learning curve he's on, he may well be promoted to High A ball around the end of May.

He'll be playing in New Jersey in mid-May. I might consider going.

If the guy can play well at the mid minor level it will be a notable accomplishment in my opinion..

I played varsity ball in college as a freshman. Didn't go back to school and didn't play baseball for probably 3 years after...after playing as a kid and all through high school.

I joined a rec league team when I was 21 and even though I started playing fairly regularly into my early 30's I never regained my ability to hit like I could when I was 17-18 (and earlier).

It may have been just me, but that 3 year layoff after my freshman year in college seemed to seriously hurt my ability to hit a baseball. Fielding wasn't affected.

If Tebow can succeed, even if it's only in the minor leagues, I'll give him props.

I don't think Tebow will do a hell of a lot pass maybe a call up to AA ball but I am certainly rooting for him, what an athlete. Good person who is willing to take a shot, never understood why people hate on him with all the stuff other athletes are doing that are negative.

Wish he would have went to baseball after college and played baseball in college as well

If the guy can play well at the mid minor level it will be a notable accomplishment in my opinion..

I played varsity ball in college as a freshman. Didn't go back to school and didn't play baseball for probably 3 years after...after playing as a kid and all through high school.

I joined a rec league team when I was 21 and even though I started playing fairly regularly into my early 30's I never regained my ability to hit like I could when I was 17-18 (and earlier).

It may have been just me, but that 3 year layoff after my freshman year in college seemed to seriously hurt my ability to hit a baseball. Fielding wasn't affected.

If Tebow can succeed, even if it's only in the minor leagues, I'll give him props.
Agree. I played ball from 4-17 years old. Stopped for 18 months after suffering a shoulder and upper back injury. Tried to pick it back up at D3 level and while the Fielding was still there, the hitting was gone. Couldn't get comfortable at the plate and that messed with my head and I stopped shortly thereafter. Amazing how even a slight break throws off your whole motion and muscle memory. My reflexes and timing at the plate were gone.

im a big Tebow fan.

would love to see him get to AA, id go to Trenton to watch him play the Yanks then.

Agree. I played ball from 4-17 years old. Stopped for 18 months after suffering a shoulder and upper back injury. Tried to pick it back up at D3 level and while the Fielding was still there, the hitting was gone. Couldn't get comfortable at the plate and that messed with my head and I stopped shortly thereafter. Amazing how even a slight break throws off your whole motion and muscle memory. My reflexes and timing at the plate were gone.

I don't know how anyone could hit a baseball, I went to the batting cages last summer, put on the 60mph one, it looked like it was 100.