Teeny Armed Pugh | Syracusefan.com

Teeny Armed Pugh

xc84

Living Legend
Is it just me or do others find it funny that all of a sudden, Pugh's arms are freakishly stubby. The guy is now a salamander. May I remind all, the T-Rex also had short arms!

Is it just me or do others find it funny that all of a sudden, Pugh's arms are freakishly stubby. The guy is now a salamander. May I remind all, the T-Rex also had short arms!
T-Rex was not an OL! Coaches tried to get T-Rex on the field because of it's nastiness, but all efforts eventually failed due to it's short arms. At best, it was little more than an undersized run-stopper and at worst, a horrific decoy on offense because everyone knew it wasn't going to get the ball.

sucks to be him.

hopefully he can play guard, otherwise he had a wonderful Syracuse career and good luck in the real world.

:eek:

these knuckledragger gms and coaches penalize those who aren't knuckledraggers.

they overthink this crap. instead of measuring his arms, they can just look at the measurements of the offense here before and after him being in the lineup

marrone gets an NFL gig, nassib becomes a millionaire, but pugh's arms are too short

cteball is so dumb

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2012/2/27/2826171/riley-reiff-has-tiny-little-arms

ReiffTinyArms3_medium.jpg

I think Brian Bulaga got hit with the dreaded T-Rex arm reference a few years ago if memory serves me?

I didn't realize Michael Ohr's arms were that big! Holy cow!

Those short arms sure kept Nassib upright for a couple seasons.

who cares he also helped have 1,000 yard rushers 3 years as a starter and with proper coaching that can be fixed.
#ThePughCrew NyChapter

who cares he also helped have 1,000 yard rushers 3 years as a starter and with proper coaching that can be fixed.
#ThePughCrew NyChapter

proper coaching can fix short arms?

ahem... can proper coaching fix anything short? :oops:

If he was 5' 10" tall or 260 pounds, I could see there being concerns but his arms are slightly over 2 inches shorter than the guy with the longest arms at the Senior Bowl. 2 inches.
I think it's crazy for a talent evaluators to treat this as a significant metric when the variation is so small.

I know it's their job to gather tons of data and spew out conclusions but treating this as a significant issue is ridiculous.

This has been one thing that I have strongly disliked about NFL and NBA scouts. They put WAY to much emphasis on things like wingspan, height, and arm length and tend to overlook other really important things. I understand why it's important but this thought process I feel like has led to so many busts (Jemarcus Russell, Greg Oden, Ryan Leaf etc) in the NBA and NFL and led to many people overlooking certain guys (Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner). I just wish these scouts wouldn't dismiss guys that are hard working, were great in college that really could make an impact over something like being 5"11 instead of 6"2 or having arms 2 inches shorter than some other guy.

"I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the shlit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time. Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?"

apparently the denizons of syracusfan.com, are ready to give up that inch (in this case 2) to lose...and die.
:noidea:

apparently the nfl does not care what the measurements are because he has been invited to the nfl combine

A plus - his coach might not have to worry about holding calls. What official could see it?

Crazy stuff - maybe he has real long nails to compensate - did they measure that?:rolleyes:

I would take him on the Giants in a heartbeat as the starting right tackle for the next four years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom