Telep tweet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Telep tweet

Ahhhh man. Im catching a flight later. Hopefully we catch a nice tailwind because im going to be landing about an hour before the show starts. Gonna be the longest hour and a half of my life with no internet acces!
you mean landing or taking off?

BRISCOE WATCH 15'
Briscoe_Right_to_Counsel.jpg

I'm not sure i understand all of this. Nerlens said he's going to "shock the world," but he said that before he came to a decision. Wouldn't he have had to know where his choice fit in versus the 'expectations?' And, would anyone really be "shocked" if he chose us, Georgetown, or Kentucky at this point? Shocking the world means Rutgers or Southwest Cactus Tech.
here is a crazy idea, maybe his 'shock the world' tweet has nothing to do with his decision, you ever think of that?

...or maybe the kid is just excited about making his decision and tweeting in anticipation, not "hinting" or giving clues like everyone on this board seems to think and read into.

here is a crazy idea, maybe his 'shock the world' tweet has nothing to do with his decision, you ever think of that?
Maybe he comes out tomorrow without the high top!!!!

Did Telep tweet that it was down to UK and GTown yesterday? I am mixing all of these reporters up...

All "likes" are created equal. Plus, I consider your "like" to be coming from Uncle Rico.

I'm not sure i understand all of this. Nerlens said he's going to "shock the world," but he said that before he came to a decision. Wouldn't he have had to know where his choice fit in versus the 'expectations?' And, would anyone really be "shocked" if he chose us, Georgetown, or Kentucky at this point? Shocking the world means Rutgers or Southwest Cactus Tech.
I think his twitter lagged he was talking about the Nike hoop summit where he was gonna up the world team

I'm looking forward to the resolution of this also. At this point I wonder if NN even knows what hat he's going to put on tonight. Here's how I break it down (alphabetically):
  1. Hoyas - Mom really wants him to go to Gtown for some reason. It's a great school academically. It's smaller, private and religiously focused. Those things are important ot some people. From a basketball perspective they have a great history of big men and their coach is the son of a legend. If the "team" he will be joining is a major factor and he wants to win while he is in school, the Hoyas come in 3rd.
  2. UK - Large public university in a state where the basketball team is worshiped. That is not too strong a word for how they feel about their Wildcats. Attention and public scrutiny are factors players have to deal with. From a basketball perspective he will likely be playing with a bunch of other very talented and very young players. Playing time is wide open and he would likely be the #1 focus of opposing teams. If the "team" he will be joining is a major factor the Wildcats come in 2nd. Uber talented youngsters can't always mesh as well as the past 3 UK teams have can they?
  3. Cuse - Great academics, private school with a few public scrapes recently. Great tradition and a stacked roster. Young and inexperienced but very well balanced with solid players waiting to step in at every position. From a basketball perspective if the "team" is important Syracuse comes in 1st. Open spot is not obviously open but for him it would be. Peopel thinking he's going to want to come in and play 35 minutes are propably wrong. Even with Rak and DC2 I would have to believe NN would get at least 25 minutes. There is 80 to split between the 3 of them and not as much pressure when the guy your sharing with is talented also.
So after all my blathering I still don't feel confident. I would hope SU gets him. It really comes down to how much influence his mother has and whether he wants to walk into the wide open situation that persists at UK.

none of us know which way it will go tonight ... if not for all the scandal this year I would think our chances would be better... hopefully we finally catch a break

The "shock" is that he is able to keep it a total secret until the final minute.

I'm amazed that the insiders didn't know Noel's decision before he did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom