Temple Extends Contract to Play at the Linc | Syracusefan.com

Temple Extends Contract to Play at the Linc

As long as Temple pays enough money to cover the cost of repairing the grass field every season, the Eagles shouldn't care.

Might as well play in the Eagles stadium it’s not like no one goes opening the gates for 6-7k people is worth it 6 times a year. They probably couldn’t build the infamous stadium small enough to be full yet still look d1 worthy.

Might as well play in the Eagles stadium it’s not like no one goes opening the gates for 6-7k people is worth it 6 times a year. They probably couldn’t build the infamous stadium small enough to be full yet still look d1 worthy.

6-7k people??? What, are you mistaking Temple for UCONN?

Temple averaged 29,460 last season.
I was at Vet for a few SU / Temple games . Use to announce crowd of about 8,000 as 24k. Not sure if this still happens.

I was at Vet for a few SU / Temple games . Use to announce crowd of about 8,000 as 24k. Not sure if this still happens.

That may be Ye Olde “tickets sold” attendance
vs. “cheeks in the seats” attendance.

so yeah, 24k tix sold vs 8k actual sets of cheeks is probably pretty legit.

I heard recently (a few months ago?) that they are still very anxious/interested to build their own stadium. They see this as temporary, more akin to us when the Dome was being built. Public opposition obviously presents a problem.

That may be Ye Olde “tickets sold” attendance
vs. “cheeks in the seats” attendance.

so yeah, 24k tix sold vs 8k actual sets of cheeks is probably pretty legit.
Cheeks count double!

Buery Stadium.....1928-1978 on the Philly Cheltenham city line on the north side. 20000 permanent seats and about 12000 bleachers similiar to north side of archbpld. Nice tight stadium.

i saw su play them at franklin field in early 80's
I had a perfectly miserable time watching SU's offense operate in reverse there in 1983 (a freshman Don McPherson got annihilated).

Temple's done a nice job of turning their program around. They were total disaster for many years. Give them credit.

Agree. I believe it all started under Al Golden? But each subsequent choice at head coach has kept it going. A less successful version of Boise State.

Should give hope to those of you that think the world ends if Dino isn't the coach. Just have to attack the process better than the Scott Shafer plan.

Agree. I believe it all started under Al Golden? But each subsequent choice at head coach has kept it going. A less successful version of Boise State.

Should give hope to those of you that think the world ends if Dino isn't the coach. Just have to attack the process better than the Scott Shafer plan.

It's honestly pretty amazing how well Temple has rebounded, given that their HC's and coordinators are routinely poached by other programs higher up on the food chain.

And those guys typically have gone on to do pretty well, for the most part.

They somehow manage to reload, and continue getting W's.

It's honestly pretty amazing how well Temple has rebounded, given that their HC's and coordinators are routinely poached by other programs higher up on the food chain.

They somehow manage to reload, and continue getting W's.
Have a feeling the current guy won’t keep it up.

Yes, the rejuvenation started under Golden. He was able to parlay that into the HC job at Da U. He was 27-34 at Temple (which included going 1-11 his first year) and 32-25 at Da U before they fired him after 7 games of the 2015 season.

Yes, the rejuvenation started under Golden. He was able to parlay that into the HC job at Da U. He was 27-34 at Temple (which included going 1-11 his first year) and 32-25 at Da U before they fired him after 7 games of the 2015 season.

The Miami job can eat people alive.

Especially a guy like Golden who is best suited for the northeast.

Last edited:
Manny Diaz was only there for a week (if that long) and hasn’t exactly hit it out of the park in Miami.

Collins did well and is now where he belongs.

Golden should get another shot somewhere.