Ten rival favorite BE players of last ten years

Like the thread?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
Stanley Robinson, UConn, just to watch his crazy in game dunks

I always liked Allan Ray from Villanova. Really, that whole team was just fun to watch with him, Randy Foye, Lowry, Curtis Sumpter, etc. If they weren't in the Big East and hadn't played against Syracuse, I would have happily rooted for them.

Here are my ten

• I know he was hated around here, but I liked Jared Dudley
  • Two guys from Pitt I always liked - Dajuan Blair and Brad Wanamaker
  • He only played 1 year in the Big East, but I liked Steve Novak
  • I have a fondness for Marquette guys - in addition to Novak, I liked Dominic James, and I love Crowder & DJO
  • Ben Gordon was a Syracuse killer, but I really respected his game
  • Always liked Ryan Gomes
  • but my favorite BE player who didn't wear Orange was the multi-talented Geoff McDermott. How I wish SU had recruited him for hoop instead of football.

but my favorite BE player who didn't wear Orange was the multi-talented Geoff McDermott. How I wish SU had recruited him for hoop instead of football.
Fun fact of the day - McDermott was the QB on Ray Rice's New Rochelle team

I played him in bball at new rochelle and im pretty sure im in a poster lol
Played him and Ray Rice in football. Rice is the quickest person I've ever seen live in my entire life

Played him and Ray Rice in football. Rice is the quickest person I've ever seen live in my entire life

Yea i can imagine, didnt play football but my boys did and new rochelle was unfair for all of new york that year, also had courtney greene whose in the nfl right now

In all earnest there was a time when the Johnnies were decent and had:

Zendon Hamilton
Felipe Lopez
Ron Artest

Also Seton Hall:
Ramon Ramos
Terry Dehere
Luther Wright (reminds me of sloth from the Goonies)

GTown:
Always had a soft spot for Zo

PC:
Eric Williams

Nova:
Kerry Kittles

UConn:
Tate George
Rip Hamilton
Ray Allen
Donyell Marshall

Marq:
Dominic James
Lazar Hayward

BC:
Bill Curley
Troy Bell
Mike Adams

Just to name a few ...

Chris Mullin..St John's.

Whoops...I missed the 10 year time frame thing.

Don't believe D. Wade was a BE player. Also, you should have noted that Mason, Jr. brought it every night FOR 7 YEARS. :D. I loved to hate Krauser at Pitt. Never wanted him taking the last shot against us. He was money with the game on the line.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Your right they didnt join untill 2005, my bad. I would have to go with Jerel Mcneal from marquette then, hard to stop. I also like Terrence Will and Marshon Brooks. All good players mentioned above.

In all earnest there was a time when the Johnnies were decent and had:

Zendon Hamilton
Felipe Lopez
Ron Artest

Also Seton Hall:
Ramon Ramos
Terry Dehere
Luther Wright (reminds me of sloth from the Goonies)

GTown:
Always had a soft spot for Zo

PC:
Eric Williams

Nova:
Kerry Kittles

UConn:
Tate George
Rip Hamilton
Ray Allen
Donyell Marshall

Marq:
Dominic James
Lazar Hayward

BC:
Bill Curley
Troy Bell
Mike Adams

Just to name a few ...
some good choices, but most of them are outside the 10 year time frame of this this thread

I liked watching Mike Gansey play. The game against Wake Forest in the round of 32 was a classic. Yet I couldn't really stand Kevin Pittsnoggle.

Liked some of those Marquette teams - Hayward, Matthews, James, McNeal.

some good choices, but most of them are outside the 10 year time frame of this this thread
True but why stop at 10 ... the league is full of characters ... give me Constantine Popa! :)

Yea i can imagine, didnt play football but my boys did and new rochelle was unfair for all of new york that year, also had courtney greene whose in the nfl right now

Except against CBA in the state championship game who also had a future NCAA basketball player as their QB. McDermott also singlehandedly beat NJ in one of the last Governor Bowls.

chevy troutman. no big talent dude big filled a boxscore and changed games.
and always thought kittles was smooth as silk. pleasure to watch him killing us.

Mike Gansey of WVU -- nice kid and nice story

Emeka Okafor -- graduated in three years with a 3.9 GPA in Finance. And was such a great presence in the middle for UConn's 2004 NC team

Jae Crowder of MU -- I just enjoyed watching him. I loved his enthusiasm. He thought he could do everything. And he generally could

Ben Gordon... I think I fell in love with him the day he said he was committing to UConn because he was so excited by seeing cows on the campus there. (I am not making this up). I guess there are not many cows in Mount Vernon.

Jeremy Hazell, SHU... Nice player. Loved the way he came back after being shot.

Chevy Troutman... Goofy kid. Fun to watch.

Mike Nardi... Because as the 4th guard on that Nova team that was loaded with guards... he (as my 6th man) was the reason I won a Big East Fantasy Basketball League tourney here.

Rashad Anderson.. anther sixth man. Don't know why I have an affinity for sixth men. Maybe because I admire the way they deal with their "sixth-man-ness"

Im going a little further back with some of these guys but here are my "guys"

-Zephy Penn. - the name...the herky jerky motions...the long shorts. looked like Humpty...a favorite for sure

-Jullius Page- Pitt...the guy could freaking sky

-Austin Croshere- solid all around game.

-Terry Dehere- love the shooters.

-Kerry Kittles- just had game

-Scoonie penn- proof that fat midgets can play D1 ball at a high level

-john lynehan- proof that skinny midgets could D up much bigger guys.

-

Uconn - Jeff Adrien - just a warrior, was undersized but gave everything he had and didn't back down from anybody

Marquette - I like a lot of Marquette guys, Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder, Hayward, McNeal - all guys who seemed like they just loved playing basketball and never gave anything less than maximum effort.

Villanova - Kyle Lowry - will never forget when they played Carolina in the dome in the sweet 16. Gave them a great run and got jobbed on a phantom travel call at the end of the game right in front of me. Referee blew he whistle and looked like a deer in headlights like he had no idea why he blew it and didn't know what to call. Anyways, Lowry was in McCants face talking nonstop for a good 4 trips down and back literally non stop and McCants looked like he just wanted nothing to do with him or that game. Lowry just looked so hungry, like winning that game meant more than anything in the world to him.

St Johns - Marcus Hatten and Bootsy Thornton- Hatten played like he was still playing pick up in his neighborhood park and had a real swagger about him. Bootsy for shooting lights out against Duke in those classic Duke-SJU games and also for the unbelievable name Bootsy Thornton in and of itself.

Pitt - Levance Fields - just a fat little prototypical NYC guard who refused to back down and no moment was ever too big for him

Georgetown - Jeff Green and Austin Freeman - both seemed like nice guys. Green was so versatile and had such a high basketball IQ, Freeman just had a sweet shot from deep.

WVU's Kevin Pittsnoggle was fun for me to watch(when he wasn't playing SU). It was fun for me to see someone of that size raining threes.

Thought I'd be the only one to mention Gansey but guess not. He rocked - very likeable for some reason.

I liked watching Cincinnati's Jihad Muhammad, although that was primarily the result of his name, not his game.

Harangody was also fun to watch because of all the racial code announcers used to describe his play.

Except against CBA in the state championship game who also had a future NCAA basketball player as their QB. McDermott also singlehandedly beat NJ in one of the last Governor Bowls.
CBA was the only team that stopped Ray Rice, McDermott and crew that season