Tenn. has 34 commits already | Syracusefan.com

Tenn. has 34 commits already

retro44

Living Legend
I thought the sec had some kind of rule on the books.

Those poor girls that has to host them....

5 are defensive ends

Miami has 30 on the books

Last edited:
Rules are made to be broken in the SEC.

In Miami's case, when have rules ever been followed?

Not justifying either party, just stating facts. The SEC will not be punished unless they fall back to third, fourth or fifth place in the P5 rankings which will not happen anytime soon and Miami has never been accused of playing within the rules.

There are several more schools who fit in this category.

Regardless, I am glad Syracuse plays by the rules. We have the high road and since we are not cheaters, I am not sure we could keep up with the professional cheaters.

Helps when you are sending those Volunteer girls to the players high schools. A huge reason why Doug got the hell out of college football.

The SEC forces out players that aren't making the cut to make room for better recruits/players. It's part of the reason why the SEC seems stronger than other conferences.

you still cant have more than 25 in any one class. they had 25 last year, 23 the year before, 27 before that.. they must not all end up on campus but still if 5 didnt make it last year the only way they could even get 30 would be for 5 to come early. this would mean 10 never got to school? 40% of the class?

gotta wonder if the sec has a room full of lawyers that just read the ncaa rule book and find ways around them-or does each school have its own room of lawyers

you still cant have more than 25 in any one class. they had 25 last year, 23 the year before, 27 before that.. they must not all end up on campus but still if 5 didnt make it last year the only way they could even get 30 would be for 5 to come early. this would mean 10 never got to school? 40% of the class?

Do they still have the grayshirt rule? Obviously some of these kids aren't going to qualify, and others are going to be asked to delay their enrollment. I'm sure those conversations are fun.

what about that DE who flipped on us last year? Forgot his name... Did anyone tell him they have 5 DE's coming in next year?

These schools treat football like the meat market it is and also realize that it is a multimillion dollar business. They have lawyers and accountants that parse the rules to the nth degree.

Maybe the staff should reach out to Dwayne Hendrix, a prior offer that committed to Tenessee, when the Quiet Period is over. By then who is enrolling early and how the numbers will shake out will be determined at Tenn. From that the players are going to know how many guys are going to get trimmed and he knows now if there are 5 DEs. Might be some flip opportunity here.

I thought the rule in the SEC was 25 in one class. From what I understand, early enrollment counts toward the previous class. It's usually the SEC West schools who are major violators of oversigning, but they do find ways around it.

I thought the rule in the SEC was 25 in one class. From what I understand, early enrollment counts toward the previous class. It's usually the SEC West schools who are major violators of oversigning, but they do find ways around it.

Early enrollment can only count towards the previous class if they didn't use up all 25 slots.

Unless some of their commits are walk-ons.

They have a bunch of JUCO's who are enrolling early. Have to assume they cut some kids who weren't even going to play, plus casualties from last years class. It's not like they are being allowed to bring in more kids. They are just more cut throat about it.

Even SS is doing the same thing with some Seniors...at least they will have graduated though

At Alabama, if a player has an injury history or is "underperforming" they are informed that their chance of seeing playing time is close to zero.

Those that want to keep playing will transfer. Some that want to stay in school will be offered other aid so that they can complete their studies... they just won't be part of the program nor count against their scholarship limit.

For the incoming class, some will be asked to defer their enrollment. They're not informed of this change until just before signing day, which makes it nearly impossible to choose another school.

The SEC has recently (2012) attempted to reduce the over signing practice, but there's still some going on.

Here were the worst offenders a couple of years ago:

116-Oversigning-Chart.jpg

Last edited:
When I see Vanderbilt in the conference standings I always hear the song, "Which one of theses is not like the others."

I see you figured it out...nice job
Your post was laced with sarcasm...which I got. I was simply pointing out the built-in contradictions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom