Tennessee Postgame Luau | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee Postgame Luau

There was an article that came out today about Knecht being a first rounder if he continues to play this well. Draft picks in college don’t mean much lately. Sanogo was the MOP of last years tournament and wasn’t drafted. Veterans win and the Vols have a lot of them.
might not mean quite as much as they used to but they still mean a lot: 2023 first rounders from: Houston(x2), Kentucky, Alabama, Michigan, Duke, Kansas etc...go down the list...uconn and kansas both had multiple draft picks...weird hill to die on...

the good teams still have NBAers in NCAABB

Refs from today are at my hotel bar. A younger Cusetroop……
1700575299767.gif

Watched the replay and my favorite lineup was definitely what we had going in the second half with Mintz, Cuffe, Bell, Benny, and Brown. Were able to stick with Tennessee on defense as well as some success with the press. Good in transition, but most importantly, no Judah and JJ on the court at the same time. The balance and spacing looked so much better. Having cuffe and Benny out there who can (sort of) shoot, instead of JJ and Copeland who cant, as well as no ambiguity that Mintz is the ball dominant pg who will initiate.

I have some concerns about Red, some stuff is too early to say, but a definite complaint is that he rolled with freaking Judah JJ and COPELAND out on the court in crunch time! We were down points so it is not enough to play defense and get boards. We had to put the ball in the hoop. And we roll with copeland?? Even though he had been ice cold and turnover prone on the offensive end whenever he was in before?? Highly suspicious choice from Red. Not having Benny Taylor or Cuffe instead of copeland makes zero sense to me. Hate when Judah JJ and Cope are out there at the same time.

might not mean quite as much as they used to but they still mean a lot: 2023 first rounders from: Houston(x2), Kentucky, Alabama, Michigan, Duke, Kansas etc...go down the list...uconn and kansas both had multiple draft picks...weird hill to die on...

the good teams still have NBAers in NCAABB
Who cares. Tennessee was ranked in the top 10 most of last season and made the sweet 16 with mostly the same team plus Knecht.

Mintz coming back and auditioning for the league was a fear I think many here had when he announced his decision.

Let's hope the staff can guide him back to where he was for stretches of last season. A pretty good facilitator and a slasher. He had a good balance to his game at times last year.
As I said potential but mostly unrealised.

I do understand some of the negativity. There are definitely some real question marks with this squad. They certainly don’t look like a tournament team to me as of this moment.

But some of the over the top negative comments seem strange to me. Why are Syracuse fans saying things like “it would’ve been worse if Tennessee didn’t step out of bounds 5 times”?

I mean… Syracuse made unforced errors too. So it is strange to only focus on Tennessee’s mistakes. It almost seems like some fans (a small minority) enjoy being miserable.

I don’t expect Syracuse to win tomorrow. But hypothetically if they do, I expect the same commenters to focus on the team’s deficiencies, make excuses, talk about how it’s not sustainable, etc.
I rewatched this game last night. We had it down to 5 points with 3 minutes left and Judah and JJ were starting to score. We had a real chance before the meltdown. Naheem then played some really poor interior defense and made a bunch of errors on the switches and help defense when he came in and Brown went out. Red should have kept Brown in.

I rewatched this game last night. We had it down to 5 points with 3 minutes left and Judah and JJ were starting to score. We had a real chance before the meltdown. Naheem then played some really poor interior defense and made a bunch of errors on the switches and help defense when he came in and Brown went out. Red should have kept Brown in.
These last two games show how this team could be both exciting and frustrating. We have 2-3 guys that can make plays and go on runs, but the team goes into these extended periods of looking disorganized on offense and defense. Things need to get tightened up and the team needs to look less like athletic individuals and more like a team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom