Terrance Roberts | Syracusefan.com

Terrance Roberts

RF2044

Living Legend
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but in light of the PS article about TRob signing another contact, I wanted to say kudos to him for parlaying that TBT appearance two years ago into revitalizing his professional career.

Two summers ago, it sounded like he was really struggling financially, and that the injuries had really taken a toll on his body -- so glad to see that things worked out for him, and that he's getting lots of opportunities to play for pay.

Former Syracuse basketball player Terrence Roberts signs with pro team in Qatar

Last edited:
I am so happy for him! Some fans really gave him I a hard time towards the end (not US of course!) and then we found out later his knees were bone on bone. I can’t imagine going up for a rebound and coming down on those knees.

Of course, I can’t imagine going up for a rebound!

This is so great to see. He is always busy on Twitter supporting cuse current and former and regardless of whether he struggled to meet expectations he was a warrior who gave his all.

Think about John Gillon. Had no options once basketball college career was over. Was able to stay active with Boeheim's Army this summer and parlayed into being drafted into the G League.

Think about John Gillon. Had no options once basketball college career was over. Was able to stay active with Boeheim's Army this summer and parlayed into being drafted into the G League.

No options? That seems a little harsh. He was a graduate transfer - doesn't that mean he earned his degree before transferring to SU and therefore was working on a post graduate degree? I'd have to imagine he could get an entry level job like any other college grad.

No options? That seems a little harsh. He was a graduate transfer - doesn't that mean he earned his degree before transferring to SU and therefore was working on a post graduate degree? I'd have to imagine he could get an entry level job like any other college grad.

This^^^^. I feel bad that TRob was struggling financially, but why rely on basketball for your income? Get a real job like anybody else.

You really think a couple of games of pretty much exhibition basketball got him drafted into the G-league? What about his 4 years of college basketball including one year in the ACC averaging 30+ minutes a game. Anybody that believes your post doesn't have a clue.