Terrel Hunt | Syracusefan.com

Terrel Hunt

Franz69

All Conference
I was on a Giants message board and somebody posted off-topic about college football. A coach from Christ The King chimed in about Terrel Hunt. He obviously doesn't know about Doug's way of redshirting, but this is what he had to say about Hunt:

Yeah i figured he would be 3 or 4 on the depth chart ..He should take a redshirt imo or move to defense and play d back. He was awesome at safety for us last year.

Something to think about in the future for Hunt if QB does not work out.

I was on a Giants message board and somebody posted off-topic about college football. A coach from Christ The King chimed in about Terrel Hunt. He obviously doesn't know about Doug's way of redshirting, but this is what he had to say about Hunt:

Yeah i figured he would be 3 or 4 on the depth chart ..He should take a redshirt imo or move to defense and play d back. He was awesome at safety for us last year.

Something to think about in the future for Hunt if QB does not work out.
what do you mean by Doug's way of redshirting? :noidea:

I think he means that Doug typically refuses to send his redshirts down with Kirk and Spock when they investigate a new planet. Helps cut down on injuries.

The way the coach put it, it sounded like Hunt could just automatically redshirt if he pleases. That's not the way it works. Doug decides if you get a 5th year.

I'm all for giving Hunt a shot at QB and if that doesn't work out finding a new position for him.

I also believe we should start calling the freshman that don't play "Orangeshirts" !

The way the coach put it, it sounded like Hunt could just automatically redshirt if he pleases. That's not the way it works. Doug decides if you get a 5th year.
every coach in the country decides if the players that don't play one of the first four seasons get a fifth year - Doug believes in redshirting freshmen just like every other coach does, he'll soon have enough depth that more will have the opportunity to do so

every coach in the country decides if the players that don't play one of the first four seasons get a fifth year - Doug believes in redshirting freshmen just like every other coach does, he'll soon have enough depth that more will have the opportunity to do so

The difference is that Doug doesn't guarantee the 5th year until they're heading into that season. He doesn't want to keep players who aren't getting the job done off the field, and he doesn't want to give players incentive to not try to get their degree in 4 years.

He is actually pretty tall for a CB or S. If he has the frame to put weight on, I would think more LB, WR or TE type.

From what Coach Marrone has said, it sounds like Hunt is progressing well at QB.

I want an athlete at that position. Keep him at QB.

Barring a bunch of injuries, I doubt Hunt sees the field this season.

I received some inside info from an SU coaches son the other day that the coaches are high on Hunt as a future QB. Take it for what its worth.

EDIT: I also told such person to relay info to such coach that he shouldn't be hesitant to give AAM 5 or so carries a game in certain situations. Maybe well see shades of that tonight.

I received some inside info from an SU coaches son the other day that the coaches are high on Hunt as a future QB. Take it for what its worth.

EDIT: I also told such person to relay info to such coach that he shouldn't be hesitant to give AAM 5 or so carries a game in certain situations. Maybe well see shades of that tonight.
Thanks for relaying that...good stuff

The difference is that Doug doesn't guarantee the 5th year until they're heading into that season. He doesn't want to keep players who aren't getting the job done off the field, and he doesn't want to give players incentive to not try to get their degree in 4 years.
if he screws up somewhere down the road, that's fine and then Doug's policy comes into play, but he will be held out of games this year to preserve his 4 years of eligibility

the OP said that Hunt's hs coach said he should redshirt - he's absolutely right and that's what will happen - to imply that he shouldn't redshirt this year b/c of Marrone's redshirt policy is silly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom