Terrence Roberts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Terrence Roberts

Maybe, but the good news is you get to use your own logic in your own life. I'm fine with the balance I've struck between enjoying life/ understanding that it is inherently dangerous/ and choosing where I'm willing to mitigate that danger and where I am not.
Does a helmet lessen that enjoyment significantly?

I’m trying to understand.

I don’t have a bike.

Does a helmet lessen that enjoyment significantly?

I’m trying to understand.

I don’t have a bike.

For me it absolutely does. When being active I prefer shorts/t-shirt and whatever foot wear that is the lightest while still allowing me to perform that activity.

well ...that's the gloomy take. how many people of my generation survived before bike helmets ? many many many many more. most of us lived to tell the tale. why not wear a helmet all day ? you could eliminate head trauma altogether. and wrap yourself in bubblewrap.

Old men didn't ride bikes back in the day either :)

Last edited:
For me it absolutely does. When being active I prefer shorts/t-shirt and whatever foot wear that is the lightest while still allowing me to perform that activity.
I'm surprised you're even wearing footwear. Your body naturally provided you with feet. Why put on this extra artificial thing?

Maybe, but the good news is you get to use your own logic in your own life. I'm fine with the balance I've struck between enjoying life/ understanding that it is inherently dangerous/ and choosing where I'm willing to mitigate that danger and where I am not. More a feel thing than logic for me.

On a side note its humorous to see some of your reactions.
It’s one thing to be reckless for your own actions, but not teaching your kids to be smart is goofy.

I'm surprised you're even wearing footwear. Your body naturally provided you with feet. Why put on this extra artificial thing?
Did you miss the sentence after I stated that? LOL why does it bother you that I understand the dangers and chose to approach them differently. Freedom has a price I know that well.

We used to have a couple but they never used them. I'm not sure where you guys live but helmets on bikes for kids is pretty rare where I am. When they are learning to ride you see helmets. Its not like its some crazy decision of an extreme minority. I'd bet its the minority (nationally) that make there kids where helmets once they have learned to ride a bike well.

Last edited:
There was actually a bit of a push for running barefoot years ago, which led to the “minimalist” shoes, Vibrams, etc.

A friend of mine tried getting on the minimalist shoe wave and tried changing his stride(“this is how your body was meant to run”)….he got hurt and was sidelined from running for the whole summer, and he never mentioned any of that stuff again.

INDEED!! All natural everything all the time!!

I mean, why are football players wearing helmets & pads?? And cups!!
You should take your nutshots like Mother Nature intended, wusses!!

As for helmets, PFFFT!!!!
Who gives a flying FFF about TBI's, cracked skulls, concussions, or CTE?
Nobody ever died of any of that stuff.

Rock climbers should just climb the damn rocks!! No harnesses, no ropes, no protection.
Freaking nancies!!
Suck it up, buttercup!!

;)

Did you miss the sentence after I stated that? LOL why does it bother you that I understand the dangers and chose to approach them differently. Freedom has a price I know that well.
I respect your choice not to wear a helmet, I disagree with it however to each their own I guess. I’m an avid mountain biker, and snowboarder and I wear helmets for both and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve hit my head. My cousin who is in his mid 20’s recently was paralyzed riding his downhill bike, he was wearing a helmet. Stay safe my man!

There was actually a bit of a push for running barefoot years ago, which led to the “minimalist” shoes, Vibrams, etc.

A friend of mine tried getting on the minimalist shoe wave and tried changing his stride(“this is how your body was meant to run”)….he got hurt and was sidelined from running for the whole summer, and he never mentioned any of that stuff again.
another aspect to running/walking barefoot is that it provides a natural electrical grounding mechanism..

To be fair, modern footwear has absolutely been linked to poor feet mechanics which works its way upstream. The minimalist (and wider area for the toes to spread) style does have legitimate backing in the sports science space.

Now... if you decide to run 10 miles in barefeet for the first time and get hurt. Well, that's on you.

To be fair, modern footwear has absolutely been linked to poor feet mechanics which works its way upstream. The minimalist (and wider area for the toes to spread) style does have legitimate backing in the sports science space.

Now... if you decide to run 10 miles in barefeet for the first time and get hurt. Well, that's on you.
Yeah, probably needs to be a gradual change if it’s a change you’re going to make.

I don’t wear a seatbelt when I’m pushing 100mph in my ride because I have a naturally occurring endoskeleton that protects the squishier parts.
Wolverine GIF

Since we're talking skulls...

So I got a consult for Invisalign today and they took a profile X-ray of my skull. I saw the image, and being confronted with undeniable evidence of the reality that there is in fact a giant bone in my head has left me extremely unsettled. I don't like it. I don't know what to do.

There was a time before I was aware of my own skull, and a time after, and it appears I will never be able to go back to the time before.

Since we're talking skulls...

So I got a consult for Invisalign today and they took a profile X-ray of my skull. I saw the image, and being confronted with undeniable evidence of the reality that there is in fact a giant bone in my head has left me extremely unsettled. I don't like it. I don't know what to do.

There was a time before I was aware of my own skull, and a time after, and it appears I will never be able to go back to the time before.
IMG_0140.gif

Are we allowed to post GoFundMe pages here for people we know? There’s a girl that desperately needs help to get off the streets after losing everything, and has no help.

Are we allowed to post GoFundMe pages here for people we know? There’s a girl that desperately needs help to get off the streets after losing everything, and has no help.
The captain and I were talking and we think the Support forum would be perfect for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom