Texas A&M: August 31, 2011 Aggie Independence Day | Syracusefan.com

Texas A&M: August 31, 2011 Aggie Independence Day

kyleslamb

Scout Team
The Aggies have declared their independence from the throne of Austin.

http://www.tamu.edu/athletics/conferenceChange.html

The hot rumor going around now is that Oklahoma and Missouri will both be offered the SEC's 14th spot on a first-come, first-serve basis. It would seem Missouri is much more likely to accept than Oklahoma, as they've hitched their wagons to Oklahoma St. However, even Missouri prefers a Big Ten invite, so we'll see who blinks.

Oklahoma holds the key, IMHO. The Big 12, namely Texas, will try to keep the conference intact. However, if Oklahoma looks to take their posse West, that will destroy the Big 12 for good. The other key is whether the ACC acts proactively or waits until expansion effects them in any way.

Oklahoma holds the key, IMHO. The Big 12, namely Texas, will try to keep the conference intact. However, if Oklahoma looks to take their posse West, that will destroy the Big 12 for good.

Good. Get Kansas, KState. Missouri, Baylor, etc... on the hot line.

Baylor?

Do they fit our 'footprint' now? (their website has "a committed to the big 12" emblem on it)

Actually they kind of do. I don't know. It would be good to add other privates but another private Christian university from Texas? Is the thought of TexanMark having tailgate pregame stuff in the same town David Koresh's camp was burned really something I want to happen?

Big "East" with 2 teams from Tejas. Baylor and the Kansas/Kansas St. bunch get added.

I for one am looking to forward to a 20 team basketball conference. Get it done. We'll figure out how to cut out DePaul later.

hey kyle, how does t boone feel about all of this??

would okie st like to be separate from norman??

Independence Day, eh? Well it's not over till the fat lady sings so I'll light up a stogy once all the chairs are filled and hopefully we'll end up on our feet.

hey kyle, how does t boone feel about all of this??

would okie st like to be separate from norman??

I actually think either would like to stay together, but Oklahoma State is probably at the mercy of what Oklahoma does.

Baylor?

Do they fit our 'footprint' now? (their website has "a committed to the big 12" emblem on it)

Actually they kind of do. I don't know. It would be good to add other privates but another private Christian university from Texas? Is the thought of TexanMark having tailgate pregame stuff in the same town David Koresh's camp was burned really something I want to happen?

Big "East" with 2 teams from Tejas. Baylor and the Kansas/Kansas St. bunch get added.

I for one am looking to forward to a 20 team basketball conference. Get it done. We'll figure out how to cut out DePaul later.

I think Baylor would be a decent fit, especially with TCU coming in.