Texas A&M fires Jimbo Fisher / hiring Mike Elko ? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Texas A&M fires Jimbo Fisher / hiring Mike Elko ?

Headline on their site. $76 million buyout.

How unutterably stupid. Love the game, hate the jackholes ruining it.

Dorothy Parker: "If you want to know what God thinks of money, look who he gives it to."

The good news is: once you spend money, it goes to somebody else.

You don't know what I know...or who I know! Having said that...just look at the evidence: Facilities, we are finally building a new football complex...but how are we building it...on the Lay Away Plan! We raise money...we buy some seats for the Dome. Why didn't we do all the renovations to the Dome at once...New roof, new score board, AC, WIFi...new seats...because just like people with little cash, we have to purchase things on Lay Away... Contrast that with the schools that I have mentioned. Go to You tube and look at the new locker room LSU girl's basketball just got...or Utah, which purchase brand new Dodge Ram pick up trucks for every single scholarship football player. You sound like the one with no clue.

WOW

You don't know what I know...or who I know! Having said that...just look at the evidence: Facilities, we are finally building a new football complex...but how are we building it...on the Lay Away Plan! We raise money...we buy some seats for the Dome. Why didn't we do all the renovations to the Dome at once...New roof, new score board, AC, WIFi...new seats...because just like people with little cash, we have to purchase things on Lay Away... Contrast that with the schools that I have mentioned. Go to You tube and look at the new locker room LSU girl's basketball just got...or Utah, which purchase brand new Dodge Ram pick up trucks for every single scholarship football player. You sound like the one with no clue.
Some interesting trolling going on in this thread.

Facilities, we are finally building a new football complex...but how are we building it...on the Lay Away Plan!

I used to buy things at Jamesway on the lay away plan when I was a kid. My first skateboard if I recall.

It's not often I that I recall that memory, but your cuckoo rant brought it back to the front of my brain. So I thank you.

I used to buy things at Jamesway on the lay away plan when I was a kid. My first skateboard if I recall.

It's not often I that I recall that memory, but your cuckoo rant brought it back to the front of my brain. So I thank you.
You can call it a Cuckoo rant if you want...but it is true. Syracuse's finances are just like yours when you were a kid and bought that skate board...pay as you go...build as you collect money..Now, you understand..Great...LOL...
Can you go on the record with a realistic expectation? Give us a 10 year window
I think we all had better get used to 7-5 being a really good year!! We are not calling for a new coach because we go 6-6, and if we ever go 10-2..or 9-3, what a gift!!!! That is where Syracuse football projects in this new era!

You can call it a Cuckoo rant if you want...but it is true. Syracuse's finances are just like yours when you were a kid and bought that skate board...pay as you go...build as you collect money..Now, you understand..Great...LOL...

I think we all had better get used to 7-5 being a really good year!! We are not calling for a new coach because we go 6-6, and if we ever go 10-2..or 9-3, what a gift!!!! That is where Syracuse football projects in this new era!
So you are on record saying over a 10 year span...we should expect 7-5 being a really good year?

How many 500 or better seasons should we expect in a 10 year span?

I think it will help your point if you are a little less vague. If you want to call out other people for their expectations, document your own so we can judge you the same way you are doing others.

I’ve been pretty vocal in my position that some fans have unrealistic expectations of how well Syracuse can and will compete in college football…and even I think the good doctor here may be well advised to seek out psychiatric help.

So you are on record saying over a 10 year span...we should expect 7-5 being a really good year?

How many 500 or better seasons should we expect in a 10 year span?

I think it will help your point if you are a little less vague. If you want to call out other people for their expectations, document your own so we can judge you the same way you are doing others.
His basic broken record rant is that Syracuse is a down on their luck homeless person program that can't afford anything and can't ever hope to afford anything so therefore the fanbase should just accept that the Apex of success is squeaking out 7 wins in a season.

I mean i guess you never have to be worry about being disappointed if you set your ceiling that low...

Last edited:
His basic broken record rant is that Syracuse is a down on their luck homeless person program that can't afford anything and can't every hope to afford anything so therefore the fanbase should just accept that the Apex of success is squeaking out 7 wins in a season.

I mean i guess you never have to be worry about being disappointed if you set your ceiling that low...
Ah, I didn't recognize the poster name. Got it.

For the same reasons that rich men...keep marrying younger trophy wives... they want the best of the best...and they want it and can afford it now!!
So, in this scenario, Jimbo Fisher is a young lady?

What I am saying is that we need to be more realistic with expectations. We are in an Arms race with the NIL and paying players, and we just don't have the same ammo as many of the other schools in the ACC. North Carolina, Florida State, Clemson, Wake Forest, Duke, and Georgia Tech, have more cash to spend than we do. The only peer schools in the ACC for the Cuse are BC and Pitt. We are behind the others in most of the key ingredients for success. But, SU fans don't want to accept that.
A good number of people here think Dino should be kept on because we can't get anyone better. I think most fans clearly understand where we are in the arms race.

I see that PhD isn’t in finance or accounting huh?

A good number of people here think Dino should be kept on because we can't get anyone better. I think most fans clearly understand where we are in the arms race.
You can't tell that by reading their posts.

So, in this scenario, Jimbo Fisher is a young lady?
Jimbo is the wife that the rich guy(Texas A & M), has gotten tired of, and is willing to pay her a lot, to make her go away, so that he can get an upgrade...to a younger, very expensive trophy wife..but what the heck, it's only money!!,..LOL..

Oil money is awesome.

I will always remember meeting a visiting LSU fan in 2015 and i asked him what brought him to Syracuse of all places for a road game

“Son i haven’t worked since I got home from Korea. I took my GI check, bought a bunch of land, and low and behold we struck oil. I haven’t missed an LSU game since”

- i know this is A&M we’re talking about — but money does not apply to certain schools
We got oil right below SU... It all flows down the hill...

A lot of the staging of facility improvements was done to not interfere with the multiple SU teams ability to play home games.

That may be because you are only reading their responses to your bordering-on-insane ranting. It’s been a pretty common theme here for ages that SU doesn’t have the resources of the top spending schools - but your overly pessimistic vision is rightly rejected.
In the face of all this nonsense being posted about who we should get as coaches and why we can't compete...etc...etc, clearly if they understood our shortcomings, there would not be all this unrealistic chatter... A lot of pessimists are also realists!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom