Texas A&M QB Nick Starkel Transferring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Texas A&M QB Nick Starkel Transferring

We definitely need another Qb not to slight anyone we just need depth
The answer for me is that depth to be 2nd or 3rd string? and if it should be a grad transfer, a transfer or a freshman? Alot of moving parts.

The answer for me is that depth to be 2nd or 3rd string? and if it should be a grad transfer, a transfer or a freshman? Alot of moving parts.
We will know more about Clayton this spring as he will get lots of reps . Grad transfers want a easy path to start not fight or sit not happening here .

Claytons film from JUCO showed some talent and he has been in our system for a year, but it never hurts to bring in a number 3.

Claytons film from JUCO showed some talent and he has been in our system for a year, but it never hurts to bring in a number 3.
So is it safe to assume you think Welch is good enough to be a quality ACC backup able to win a game or two if or when T.Devito gets hurt? If its depth we're looking for then a true freshman then?

So is it safe to assume you think Welch is good enough to be a quality ACC backup able to win a game or two if or when T.Devito gets hurt? If its depth we're looking for then a true freshman then?
I really liked Chance but alas that ship has sailed, I think Clayton can do the job, at least as well as any newbie we can get, but I still want the depth of a potential number 3. We need that other QB not only for next year but also looking further for program depth going forward.

I really liked Chance but alas that ship has sailed, I think Clayton can do the job, at least as well as any newbie we can get, but I still want the depth of a potential number 3. We need that other QB not only for next year but also looking further for program depth going forward.

I would be more than stunned if DB goes into the season with only the QBs we have currently. They have to bring in someone and I am sure he will. I would guess the QB will be part of the 2019 class, but I could see DB taking a grad transfer just to have another option with game experience.

As for Clayton...unless "you" (editorial you and not you per se) have access to practice or a staff member, it's belief without evidence. Note, I am not saying that Welch can or cannot do the job.

I don’t get the boards obsession with a grad transfer QB. No grad transfer is going to come here to most likely be a backup thier last year of eligibility. They will go somewhere they can start

Obsession or thinking through possibilities? Why do people assume that the staff will tell any potential grad transfers that they will not even be given an opportunity to win the starting job? As unlikely as it may be that someone could beat out TD, don't you try to sell the opportunity to win the spot?

Obsession or thinking through possibilities? Why do people assume that the staff will tell any potential grad transfers that they will not even be given an opportunity to win the starting job? As unlikely as it may be that someone could beat out TD, don't you try to sell the opportunity to win the spot?
No one is saying the staff won’t tell them they won’t have an opportunity but why would they risk competing with someone who has been in the system 3 years versus going to a school where they can get a guaranteed starting spot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom