Texas vs. UGA | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Texas vs. UGA

Again, Texas has plenty of talent and plenty of dudes. From the beginning they were getting good push up front and UGA wasn’t getting a lot of separation from their DBs. Swift was relatively bottled up.

UGA is a VERY young team. They lost a bunch of players last year to the draft who went in rounds 1-3. Their best pass rusher also didn’t play. They had a very good season all things considered. No surprise to me this game. I’ve seen Texas enough and when they decide to play and compete they can physically overpower you which is what we saw the majority of that game last night.

Guess they also had a letdown game against LSU earlier in the year.

I don't buy this logic-They looked like they were playing hard to me. I hate when pundits have to rationalize their perception by saying the team they picked lost because they didn't care. Maybe they're not as good as thought and maybe Alabama didn't want to appear in the SEC Championship with nothing to gain.

Exactly.

The system is and has been broken. No matter what anyone says, when one team is playing a “play in” game against an Alabama and another is playing nobody, it’s a garbage system no matter how anyone tries to justify it.

Get rid of CCG’s or select the 4 playoff teams before the CCG’s or go to 8 with the 5 conference champions and 3 at large.

Anything different is a sham.

I think all this talk is such a waste of time.

The two best teams are playing. Had they a crystal ball and knew how the semi-finals and other bowls would go, they would have selected different teams and maybe the semi-finals would have been somewhat closer games. Maybe not.

System works well enough. Two best teams are playing for the championship. At the end, only one undefeated team in all of college football.

I think all this talk is such a waste of time.

The two best teams are playing. Had they a crystal ball and knew how the semi-finals and other bowls would go, they would have selected different teams and maybe the semi-finals would have been somewhat closer games. Maybe not.

System works well enough. Two best teams are playing for the championship. At the end, only one undefeated team in all of college football.

This year.

Plus there’s a lot more money involved for the teams and conferences involved in the playoffs.

We could also go back to 2 teams.

This year.

Plus there’s a lot more money involved for the teams and conferences involved in the playoffs.

We could also go back to 2 teams.

If they want to go to 8, that's fine. But the hand wringing this year over #3 thru #6, especially AFTER the games, is just a waste of energy.

If they want to go to 8, that's fine. But the hand wringing this year over #3 thru #6, especially AFTER the games, is just a waste of energy.

I was wringing my hands before the games. ;)

I was wringing my hands before the games. ;)

For Georgia? Was that really worth it? They played Alabama tough by injuring Tua early on. Everyone should just do that.

For Ohio State? Great game against Michigan. One week earlier Maryland misses a WIDE OPEN receiver on a 2 point conversion or else they lose.

You can go blue in the face splitting hairs on this stuff.

None of it mattered this year. 2 teams are better than everyone else. And they play on Monday.

Urban wasn't getting in this year, if it could be helped. Bad visual for CFB

Hmmm...sounds like the NCAA not wanting SU in the FF after the BF debacle. How ironic that we were jobbed by the system against OSU that year.

They got handled by LSU, they had their chance against Bama without Tua for a while and couldn’t get it done, and there’s a pretty good chance they’re going to lose to a 4 loss Texas team.

Committee got the field right this year.

Big difference between best four and most talented four. UGA was definitely the later, but not the former.

It looks like a let down game for the Dawgs, they don't appear to want to be there...interesting commentary when they spoke about having to sit starters (UGA) the first couple days of practice because of a lack of hustle, thats showing up 10 fold tonight...

The same excuse they used after WVU beat them in the Sugar Bowl to keep the Big East bowl bid alive 2005/2006 range.

Kansas scored 40 points on Oklahoma.

We are talking Kansas.

Oklahoma State/West Virginia/Texas basically everyone shredded Oklahoma defensively.

Ohio State was shredded by Purdue and Maryland.
They weren’t good no doubt but the eye test told us Ohio State was better than Oklahoma but Oklahoma got in because of the narrative Oklahoma’s loss wasn’t as bad as Ohio State’s so Oklahoma belonged in.
I can’t even argue about wether OSU would beat ou cause I think they would but a team going to playoffs shouldnt have a shiitttttyyy day. They could have a loss no doubt. But a bad loss to a ok team doesn’t fly. Ou had a bad day with Kansas but found a way to win. Last year when we beat Clemson we did it closely but if we beat them by 4 Td then they shouldn’t have been in as a top 4 team.

I LOVE Georgia and I want Texas to smash them because I’m so sick of the narrative.

Love your statement. CFB has a real problem with juice. UT in that game at 9-4 is way mire motivated than UGA.

Interesting to see some SU fans rooted against a better SU ranking.

Love your statement. CFB has a real problem with juice. UT in that game at 9-4 is way mire motivated than UGA.

Texas just outplayed them. They are capable of it. UGA tried. They are very young and were missing their best pass rusher. Texas has some diesel and good players all over the field. Just look at the size of those guys all over the place. All season they played well against good teams and not so good against the mediocre/bad ones. I think they could beat them again also.

Rooting against an over-rated SEC team.

There's a difference.

Not really. We could have moved ahead of Texas. So it’s strange for an SU fan to root for Texas.

The system is and has been broken. No matter what anyone says, when one team is playing a “play in” game against an Alabama and another is playing nobody, it’s a garbage system no matter how anyone tries to justify it.

Get rid of CCG’s or select the 4 playoff teams before the CCG’s or go to 8 with the 5 conference champions and 3 at large.

Anything different is a sham.
It's not a sham. It's a choice. The championship games are the choices of the individual conferences, not the NCAA. If the SEC wants to get rid of the championship game it can; but it won't, because it makes too much money for the conference.
Really, what's the difference if Ga loses to Alabama in the SEC CG or the play-off game.

Not really. We could have moved ahead of Texas. So it’s strange for an SU fan to root for Texas.
Why would I care about moving ahead of Texas more than any other school?

Should I be more disappointed if we don't move above Kentucky or Penn State? Does that make me not an SU fan?

I would be really disappointed if we don't finish above Penn State because they are a rival in the NE, but in the end, other than as long as we finish strong in the top 25, I don't really care.

It will all get washed away next year when the preseason polls come out anyhow. Texas will be ranked far higher than SU is, just based on recruited talent and perception.

Why would I care about moving ahead of Texas more than any other school?

Should I be more disappointed if we don't move above Kentucky or Penn State? Does that make me not an SU fan?

I would be really disappointed if we don't finish above Penn State because they are a rival in the NE, but in the end, other than as long as we finish strong in the top 25, I don't really care.

It will all get washed away next year when the preseason polls come out anyhow. Texas will be ranked far higher than SU is, just based on recruited talent and perception.

I want SU to finish as high as possible. I think most people do. This rooting against anyone close to us was an easy decision. If the rankings of psu and northwestern were reversed I would have rooted for psu who i hate more than anyone. Georgia losing wouldn’t have move us ahead of Georgia. Texas losing would have moved us ahead of Texas. If you want SU to finish as high as possible you root against Texas. Some do want SU to finish as high as possible. That’s why there’s even a thread about how high will SU finish. Easy decision.

I want SU to finish as high as possible. I think most people do. This rooting against anyone close to us was an easy decision. If the rankings of psu and northwestern were reversed I would have rooted for psu who i hate more than anyone. Georgia losing wouldn’t have move us ahead of Georgia. Texas losing would have moved us ahead of Texas. If you want SU to finish as high as possible you root against Texas. Some do want SU to finish as high as possible. That’s why there’s even a thread about how high will SU finish. Easy decision.
I thought I was allowed to think and do whatever I want.

"Some" is not all.

I think it it very odd that anyone anywhere would root for Penn State, ever. But I guess that is why there is chocolate and vanilla.

Everyone doesn't need to think like bees, not everyone is bees (neegan).

I thought I was allowed to think and do whatever I want.

"Some" is not all.

I think it it very odd that anyone anywhere would root for Penn State, ever. But I guess that is why there is chocolate and vanilla.

Everyone doesn't need to think like bees, not everyone is bees (neegan).

Weird

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom