TGD: SU and Pitt worked independently, not aware of each other's | Syracusefan.com

TGD: SU and Pitt worked independently, not aware of each other's

GoSU96

Living Legend
approach to the ACC until the end of the process.

That's hard to believe.

Thats because it has ZERO PERCENT chance of being an accurate statement. I just heard him say it as well. LAUGH-ABLE

idk, it's been reported that as many as 10 teams approached the ACC for membership. It could be that initially at least neither knew of the other's inquiry.

idk, it's been reported that as many as 10 teams approached the ACC for membership. It could be that initially at least neither knew of the other's inquiry.
Has this list of teams been leaked yet? It needs to become public if any of the schools on it end up as plaintiffs down the line.

I think the initial ACC inquiry was handled independently by both institutions. I really doubt there was collusion between Pitt and SU to leave together to the ACC.

Has this list of teams been leaked yet? It needs to become public if any of the schools on it end up as plaintiffs down the line.

Wow. good point

LOL - we knew all along, maybe not initially. Come on these ADs are all one big club.

I find that REALLY difficult to believe. Not that it matters anywhere. We're in the party.

Are you kidding me of course they had discussions that is how deals get done.

I think the initial ACC inquiry was handled independently by both institutions. I really doubt there was collusion between Pitt and SU to leave together to the ACC.

I don't think we're talking about collusion here, but it strains believeability that the 2 schools did not at least know who was talking to whom, at least at some point in the process. It may not have started out that way, but with the way things leak these days, I'm sure there were those who couldn't keep their mouths shut. :noidea:

I don't think we're talking about collusion here, but it strains believeability that the 2 schools did not at least know who was talking to whom, at least at some point in the process. It may not have started out that way, but with the way things leak these days, I'm sure there were those who couldn't keep their mouths shut. :noidea:

-------------------------

The "end" point (actual offer) apparently happened very fast. And was over very fast. Everything prior was presumably informal discussion; its not like 2003 when Miami, BC and SU were involved in ongoing discussions as a package.

-------------------------

The "end" point (actual offer) apparently happened very fast. And was over very fast. Everything prior was presumably informal discussion; its not like 2003 when Miami, BC and SU were involved in ongoing discussions as a package.

-----------------

"Quick turnaround

Pitt Chancellor Mark Nordenberg called the process to leave the Big East for the ACC "about the most expeditious, compressed decision-making process I'd ever been a part of." Here's how it happened:
Tuesday: ACC expansion committee meeting; Council of Presidents meets that night.
Wednesday: Pitt Athletic Director Steve Pederson speaks with ACC Commissioner John Swofford.
Thursday: Nordenberg speaks with Swofford.
Friday: Nordenberg and Pederson meet with Pitt board of trustees' executive committee. Pitt submits letter to ACC expressing interest in membership.
Saturday: ACC Council of Presidents agrees to extend an invitation."

as much as a year ago it was discussed that su and pitt may be tied because notre dame wanted those 2 teams involved in any conference discussions. part of su and pitt to the acc now and before anyone else could be an attempt at leverage then to attract nd. not so sure how true TGD's statement is but there is probably some word games being played. but in the end, it doesn't really matter.

How many times in your own company do you say to yourself "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing."? Maybe the same went on here.

How many times in your own company do you say to yourself "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing."? Maybe the same went on here.

You realize what you just said? This man begs to differ.
GROSS.jpg

Where did he say that? TV or radio? Or in an article? Just want to read/hear the whole thing. But on the face of it, it does sound unlikely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom