TGFDB | Syracusefan.com

TGFDB

Alsacs

Living Legend
With all the other sports nobody really can NOT be excited about Dino Babers.

Between FB, BB, Lax I really see FB ready to go upward. I think we are one more year away but man Dino's got no complaints from me.

Last edited:
Love Dino and think the future is promising but football is also the hardest sport to make a jump in stature imo.
Agree; glass ceiling...

were getting better players under db than the prior coaches , probably 1 more year before being pretty good but could surprise and win 6 or 7 this year with at least 5 of those coming at home

were getting better players under db than the prior coaches , probably 1 more year before being pretty good but could surprise and win 6 or 7 this year with at least 5 of those coming at home

Send Ishmael, Pierce and Phillips to the NFL and it'll be a proven system to develop offensive talent. We'll have 4 star receivers knocking on the domes door and a head up on OL/TE northeast talent just in time for Rex or Tommy to take the reins.

They will turn the corner this year
They will make that coveted leap from 4-8 to 6-6 or better

Send Ishmael, Pierce and Phillips to the NFL and it'll be a proven system to develop offensive talent. We'll have 4 star receivers knocking on the domes door and a head up on OL/TE northeast talent just in time for Rex or Tommy to take the reins.

If we can get a few guys drafted, that will help attract some offensive talent. Especially if Dungey can play his way into being drafted. But I'm not sure it will make too much of a difference this year. Amba couldn't get drafted despite ungodly production. It would really help us if he makes an NFL roster and possibly makes an on field impact.

With all the other sports nobody really can NOT be excited about Dino Babers.

Between FB, BB, Lax I really see FB ready to go upward. I think we are one more year away but man Dino's got no complaints from me.
I agree with this and LOVE Dino. I too am excited about the football program's trajectory and an anxious to enjoy the ride.

That said, I find it inconsistent that you are celebrating Dino (who won 4 games his first year) and panning Boeheim, who has won at a high level consistently for four decades.

I mean, if Dino wins 2 more games, we go 6-6 and go to a bowl, which is basically the equivalent of a NIT bid. And we'd all be thrilled (me too!). Meanwhile, you'd think from your posts, especially on the MBB recruiting board, that Boeheim is recruiting at the equivalency level of Coach P near the end of his tenure.

Your adulation and disdain don't quite sync up, but I suppose that context matters.
I just don't think Boeheim should be "punished" for establishing a HOF context.

I agree with this and LOVE Dino. I too am excited about the football program's trajectory and an anxious to enjoy the ride.

That said, I find it inconsistent that you are celebrating Dino (who won 4 games his first year) and panning Boeheim, who has won at a high level consistently for four decades.

I mean, if Dino wins 2 more games, we go 6-6 and go to a bowl, which is basically the equivalent of a NIT bid. And we'd all be thrilled (me too!). Meanwhile, you'd think from your posts, especially on the MBB recruiting board, that Boeheim is recruiting at the equivalency level of Coach P near the end of his tenure.

Your adulation and disdain don't quite sync up, but I suppose that context matters.
I just don't think Boeheim should be "punished" for establishing a HOF context.

Yep. It's crazy. We have years and years of proof that JAB is one of the best. Comparably, Dino's track record is very thin.

And I think Dino will be the best thing that has happened to Cuse football in 20 years.

JAB represents what was. He's now sliding into legend status. May he leave gracefully and not go Lute Olson on us. Dino represents the future. He's got new mojo. It's just life folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom