Thamel gives some names | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Whoever can bring a quality: Qb, two ol, wr, and keep Gadsden, Allen, and Villari should be the hire.

This season was all about the OL and Shrader getting lit up vs Clemson.

The roster and the program is not dumpster fire bad. Improve the OL, get the next Qb, hold onto the good guys.

Alex Atkins (FSU OC)
Candle
Chesney
Chuck Martin
Jerry Kill
Cignetti
Golden
Monken
Adam Fuller (FSU DC)
Bill Obrien
Dougie
I thought Martin was on the list

Whoever can bring a quality: Qb, two ol, wr, and keep Gadsden, Allen, and Villari should be the hire.

This season was all about the OL and Shrader getting lit up vs Clemson.

The roster and the program is not dumpster fire bad. Improve the OL, get the next Qb, hold onto the good guys.
Is Villari stuck here or can he transfer again because of the change in coach? Just looked it up with the NCAA and didn't see anything about a waiver of there is a change of coach

Last edited:
Yep
Nope.

We’re not hiring a SCOTUS justice for a lifetime appointment.

A program like Cincinnati has had many coaches move on to ‘better’ gigs, and kept right on chugging along.

Dunno why we couldn’t do that.
Yep. Same with Toledo. They have a pipeline to Mount Union going back to Tim Beckman i believe. I know Campbell and Candle both came from there and they have a few more from MU on the coaching staff now. Candle will get a bigger job this year, (hopefully not with Cuse) and they will promote the OC to HC and they will continue their winning ways. Not worried about a coach leaving if he's successful.

Yup. We won 10 games in four years before Doug.

He went 4-8, 8-5, 5-7, 8-5, and left enough pieces for Shafer to go 7-6 year one of ACC play.

He also had the following guys drafted:
Delone Carter, Doug Hogue, Chan Jones, Andrew Tiller, Justin Pugh, Ryan Nassib, Jay Bromley, Shamarko Thomas, Marquis Spruill, Riley Dixon

he had more guys drafted than Shafer and Babers did combined.
i’d be for it if the school commits to talent acquisition and paying staff.

Otherwise get a young G5 or FCS hotshot .

I’m hearing Mike Hart is in the mix. He’d be a great hire - local coaches respect him like crazy and he’s rumored to be candidate in waiting at Michigan. The guy is a winner.

I’m hearing Mike Hart is in the mix. He’d be a great hire - local coaches respect him like crazy and he’s rumored to be candidate in waiting at Michigan. The guy is a winner.
I'm assuming it will be Sherrone Moore since he's taken over with Harbaugh out.

I don't get the fascination with Mike Hart. Guy hasn't even been an OC at any of his stops. I get he's a local guy that had a lot of success playing the game, but we need to aim higher. Maybe in a few years of he makes the step up to OC and has some success.

I was going to make a SyracuseOnlyFans.com joke, but then I got a disturbing mental image of fat old guys in their tightie whities.

Pass.
9dc7e4531e0a76bed473b22e5972d9fe.jpg

When you can give a DB coach a HC gig, you can’t go wrong. Maybe hire him as a DC first….
Brown coached at Baylor during the 2017 and 2018 season, serving as assistant head coach and defensive backs coach.

I would really like to hear what Beck would do differently if he had full control of the offense. Would he have recruited Sharder or would he look for a QB that is pass first instead of run first.

Hiring a defense coach I have so many questions about the offense. Kids dont want to play meathead grind it out ground and pound football to get to 6-6 like BC did. So what kind of offense are we going to run and what kind of QBs are we going to be look at.
Good thoughts but I wouldnt assume a defensive coach will want to play conservative ball

Reactions: CIL
Marrone would be first call. Take out your bias and who would not be happy with a multiple time NFL HC, who was OL coach at Bama, current NFL OL coach, and the only coach to have any bit of success with absolutely nothing like the support we have now. Plus you are pretty sure he won’t leave again. No brainer.

Marrone would be first call. Take out your bias and who would not be happy with a multiple time NFL HC, who was OL coach at Bama, current NFL OL coach, and the only coach to have any bit of success with absolutely nothing like the support we have now. Plus you are pretty sure he won’t leave again. No brainer.
I have and always will be fine with coming back. Plus the game has changed and is more professionalized than ever before.

He’s a lot better option that some of the other names.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom