Thamel gives some names | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Stoutland no real head coaching experience
Stoutland no real P5 coordinator experience
Stoutland not available for 12/4

Almost everything JW said he is looking for Stoutland is opposite

What is his staff going to look like while he is coaching in Philly until Feb?
Offensive plan?
Defensive plan?

I will never say zero chance for someone to be hired but if you take JW at his word during his conference then Stoutland is as close to zero chance as we can get.
and if true, he won’t get an interview!

Right thanks for the correction but 13 is a long time as well. Of the two, Golden is closer to the mark. Anyway, many say Mullen will never return to the grind.
Golden did some recruiting in the NE while he was at Miami. Gus Edwards, for example.

If I was a highly sought after TE recruit, and an assistant came to my house to tell me I should stick with SU after other staffs sent their HC, OC, and position coach to visit me at my house, which am I more likely to choose? Does that make me feel like a priority?
I agree with that but when they explain why it’s pretty easy to understand. The minute he is done, he takes care of all visits. I think it would be worth it to wait. But this is all based on if he is interested.

Stoutland no real head coaching experience
Stoutland no real P5 coordinator experience
Stoutland not available for 12/4

Almost everything JW said he is looking for Stoutland is opposite

What is his staff going to look like while he is coaching in Philly until Feb?
Offensive plan?
Defensive plan?

I will never say zero chance for someone to be hired but if you take JW at his word during his conference then Stoutland is as close to zero chance as we can get.
Yeah Stouland sounded like a good out of the box idea, but when you look at the variables with him it’s a real turn off. Really good at what he does but no experience as even a coordinator, would be a mistake going this direction IMO. And I really don’t think we will if what JW said was true.

I am of the opinion that you do not try and hire a coach from the NFL. Marrone has already been here and gone through the motions and all the work. Why would any successful NFL coach want to go back to college coaching especially rebuilding Syracuse?
Because it’s their Dream Job
Lol

He is definitely a safe choice and checks a lot of boxes. He obviously has connections recruiting the NE and Florida, P5 HC experience and made Temple good. And say what you want about Brian Kelly as a person, but he is a very good coach to learn under.
Unless it was at a prior stop he never worked under Kelly … he has been under Freeman at ND who is a very good DC.

It would be a crazy risk.

I get that he's a top shelf OL coach, and it's our biggest weakness, and and a top shelf OL coach worked out in 2009. But it's not the same world now.

Bringing in a soon to be 62 year old guy who hasn't coached in college in 10 years just doesn't make any sense at all.

That said, if we do hire him, I'll rally around it. I'll rally around anyone not named Randy Edsall.
I truly feel if he is interested we should take a Long hard look at him. A guy like that would get recruits. He would have a great staff and phillys offensive philosophy is pretty damn good. He also coached dline for a bit too. U tell me u could make a bit more at another school but theres a chance you could make it in nfl, ur gonna wanna be coached bye him. Now as I said to another poster, he may or may not be interested. Chesney is up there for me, but u think stoutland wouldn’t pull bigger recruits than Chesney. It all depends on their interview and what their plans would be to get us up there. We shall see what happens.

I don’t want him. If u can’t win in Miami with 4*and 5* guys, how u gonna win here. Just my opinion.
Miami’s also a mess of distractions and bs. But I agree with you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom