Thamel says Big XII considering sPitt | Syracusefan.com

Thamel says Big XII considering sPitt

zibby

Starter
Linky

One would think WFVU is on the $EC's list...especially if they're serious about not adding a team in a state in which they already have a presence. I'd be shocked if any of the NC or VA schools or Maryland moves.

I'm still hoping the $EC takes Free Shoes U or Clempson and then the ACC adds SU, Storrs State and Jersey State.

That's a horror scenario: WVU to SEC, Pitt leaves for Big 12 (why they would EVER do that I don't know), ACC stands pat, and Big east sucks it hard. That being said, that scenario looks very unlikely.

Pitt leaves for Big 12 (why they would EVER do that I don't know)

Exactly... Pitt to Big 12 makes no sense whatsoever by themselves. Then again, if they also went after Louisville and Cincinnati...

Wonder if the B12 has any interested in SMU? UT would probably be against it, but the Mustangs would be one of the most natural replacements for A&M.

Exactly... Pitt to Big 12 makes no sense whatsoever by themselves. Then again, if they also went after Louisville and Cincinnati...
i dunno, very different landscape and thinking these days,who would have guessed tcu to big east?

BYU would be an easy move. No other conference entanglements.

No one from a BCS conf would go to the Big 9.

It's clear, based on Colorado, Nebraska, and A&M's actions that Texas is a major problem for anyone on that league. The only people who would willingly sign up for that type of problem are those currently on the outside looking in.

SMU is fighting for a spot, not sure they make a lot of sense, though. I would nominate Houston, since losing A&M hurts some in that market. If they wanted 12 (not sure they do with the TV money situation), I would go for BYU, and Colo St. Gets 2 decent new markets, and gets them back to 12, which could re-start the conf champ football game.

Whatever they decide, I would be very surprised to see any BCS team go there, and especially any BE team (considering all that TV money that's being talked about).

At this point, the B12/11/10/9 is fighting for its life. And while I don't think any BCS school in their right mind would/should consider them, the B12 is in a position where they MUST consider schools like Houston, SMU, UCF...and the like.

If, and this is a huge if, the ACC expanded, I hope they would go to 14 teams and add Pitt, WVU, 'Cuse, and UConn if they lost FSU and Clemson. That would bring back a combo of ACC/BigEast of old that could survive in the future IMHO. There would be pretty good football (not BigTen or SEC like but could be real good) and would clearly be the best basketball league in the country without question.

I don't understand why people like Rutgers so much in all of these expansion talks. I just don't get it as no one in the tri-state area really cares about them and their bandwagon fans are leaving after last season already. They won one big game over Louisville on Thursday night years ago along with a small stretch of minor bowls where they beat Norfolk State. etc to get there and that's it. Oh and they have women's basketball to some extent. Every argument I hear for Rutgers is TV sets in household where only a very few care about Rutgers.

The most important thing is for us to beat WFU this Thursday though and have a real good showing.

Go 'Cuse

At this point, the B12/11/10/9 is fighting for its life. And while I don't think any BCS school in their right mind would/should consider them, the B12 is in a position where they MUST consider schools like Houston, SMU, UCF...and the like.

I wonder if this will make Kansas, and Missouri really think about leaving the conference.

Texas's greed has caused the conference to lose top flight schools like Nebraska, Colorado, and Texas A&M, while replacing them with C-USA or MWC schools. That's a major step down in prestige opponents on the schedule.

The ACC scenario for WVU, Pitt, SU and I guess Rutgers and/or UConn has always made a lot of sense in every respect - FB, BB and lacrosse.

It's amazing that what I consider the second best football and second best basketball conference almost every year is struggling so much.

Around The Big East

Big%2012%20Logo.preview.jpg

Time for Big 12 to raid Big East

Did Thamel get it from the above? In the article SU is mentioned too.

Big12

East

Syracuse
pitt
wv
kansas
kstate
mizzou

West

Texas
texas tech
okie
okie st
baylor
iowa st

fine.

get it done.

just get the F out of the bmw.

:mad:

The Big ?? is the most volatile and vulnerable conference in the country right now. The Big East is also vulnerable, and so is the ACC, but nothing like the Big 12. Why on earth would Pitt, or any other BE school, risk moving to that conference under the present circumstances? If anyone goes looking or extends an invite, it'll be the BE to KU, KSU and Mizzou. That makes more sense now the dominos are set to fall. The only thing that might not make that move realistic is if the SEC goes to 16, then all hell breaks loose. In that scenerio, we're likely to see an ACC/BE preservation merger to 12, 14 or 16, but 12 most likely. I really think the Big 12 will implode if one more school past aTm defects, like Mizzou or Ok/OkSt or even Tx. The best case scenerio is to replace aTm with BYU, that is, if BYU's even interested. They're a non-Texas school, relatively close geograpically, good academics and great(national) fan base for both FB & BB, and both good programs to boot.

the reason why the bevo 9 is better than the bmw is because:

texas, okie and okie st > every team in the bmw added up

hoop would rock and for pitt, they never gave a about NYC & BET anyway.

I haven't heard a peep about WVU on the LSU board. The A&M defection from the Big less than 12 has been a hot topic for a while, since there is a bit of rivalry between them and LSU. The wish list from SEC fans seems to be Oklahoma if the SEC goes to 14 teams. But they may not go unless Okie light comes along with them. I don't know if there's another Big12 team the SEC would really want, but there may be a few others who are tired of the pranks that UT has pulled.

Free Shoes U is the top ACC team that gets mentioned most on SEC fans lists. VT shows up as well, but some people wonder if a school like NCState might be a better geographical fit.

The wish list from SEC fans seems to be Oklahoma if the SEC goes to 14 teams. But they may not go unless Okie light comes along with them. I don't know if there's another Big12 team the SEC would really want, but there may be a few others who are tired of the pranks that UT has pulled.

I said it weeks ago: A&M, OK, OK State and Mizzou. Auburn and Alabama move to the East.

Free Shoes U is the top ACC team that gets mentioned most on SEC fans lists. VT shows up as well, but some people wonder if a school like NCState might be a better geographical fit.

NCSt will NEVER go anywhere without NC (and most likely Duke). Won't happen. If you thought the VA state government intervention was a clusterf*ck, wait till they see a plan for separating NC and NCSt.