Thank god they fired Casullo, looks like all the special | Syracusefan.com

Thank god they fired Casullo, looks like all the special

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
teams issues have been ressolved, I knew casullo was worthless, such a terrible man yelling at those kids all the time.

Who was blocking on the outside for those field goals, got beat every freaking time

Return game looked good, punting looked good..short snapping and FG protection needs a lot of work..

Return game looked good, punting looked good..short snapping and FG protection needs a lot of work..

Horrible play by Graham, the kick after the first td was 20 yards out of bounds, holding penalty of FG, blocked FG, bad snaps, block in the back.

Raupers was great, Kobena looked good, hands a bit shaky. Rene looks good too. Personally outside of Raupers the specials were nothing short of disasterous, pretty much the same as it always is

As Marrone would say, there are some things with special teams that need to be cleaned up.

I couldn't believe that casparro didn't call for the fair catch. If Dorian had been a step later, that would have been sportscenter material. Good to see less drama on our part returning punts. Even with Holmes last year it was an uncertain thing.

I couldn't believe that casparro didn't call for the fair catch. If Dorian had been a step later, that would have been sportscenter material. Good to see less drama on our part returning punts. Even with Holmes last year it was an uncertain thing.

Rene looked to have a nice feel back there, seems loose as well wad dancing out there prior to the punt ( of course my dad had seen enough, "quit dancing and catch the football"), most of the downstate kids bring some swagger as well, I like it.

Loeb did the best he could. Those snaps were terrible.

teams issues have been ressolved, I knew casullo was worthless, such a terrible man yelling at those kids all the time.

Who was blocking on the outside for those field goals, got beat every freaking time

Knew we could count on that observation from the Bob Casullo Fan Club's one and only member.

Rene looked to have a nice feel back there, seems loose as well wad dancing out there prior to the punt ( of course my dad had seen enough, "quit dancing and catch the football"), most of the downstate kids bring some swagger as well, I like it.

Agree with you about, Rene. I was a little nervous when I saw he was PR because of what little I saw of him last year back there he looked very shaky (definitely nerves) just catching the ball. Learning how to catch a punt takes a lot of work with nobody running 100mph at you let alone when they are and he looked very confident catching some in heavy traffic last night. Can't wait to see him return some now because he does have that wiggle that should be fun to watch from a returner.

I'm not a big fan of the ST coaching by committee system but one thing I will say is that Raupers wouldn't have been out there (or on the team) if Casullo was still here. That's a major positive.

Horrible play by Graham,

Those types of plays that early in the game are not always horrible. Sometimes you put one of those in the playbook to put the fear of God in the punt returner for the rest of the game. Doesnt take much to get those returners to start shortarming a bit.

good point - special teams were definitely a strength when Casullo was there

plus he was pulling in all those STA kids with his connections in Florida

all those benefits and all he needed was a lot of money and a title like assistant head coach (or whatever the heck he was) - seems like a no brainer to keep him on the staff ;)

Yep one step later by Graham and it would have been a great play. I am sure that the WF returner was thinking about Graham every time he was back there after that, so it wasn't all bad.

Raupers impressed me, other than one bad kick I think he looked alot better than I was expecting. The best play by special teams was the kick to the 2 yard line, that helped set up the Provo td.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom