Thank you, Dave Rahme | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thank you, Dave Rahme

Yeah, but it came from Millhouse, and me and Millhouse don't agree on anything.;)
Seriously, it is worth considering.
Yes, do please consider it. Millhouse is an acquired taste. But to know him is to love him.

Yeah, but it came from Millhouse, and me and Millhouse don't agree on anything.;)
Seriously, it is worth considering.
my one star amazon review is already written. if i don't get my cut, i'm hitting submit.

Yes, do please consider it. Millhouse is an acquired taste. But to know him is to love him.
He thinks all coaches are knuckleheads . . . and I used to coach Pop Warner. And we never punted.

Interesting. Thanks. I thought I was going to have to go back to pole dancing. Maybe not.
chip already started that pole dancing kickstarter for you. bad news is there's only one donor named chip. good news is he donated all his money. bad news is he has no money.

Oh well. Still have the pole dancing. I'm wildly popular on the nursing home circuit.

Easy for you to say, you're a female. You're Millhouse kryptonite. A male member of the board says that, he'll never drop a bar of soap ever again.

"Millhouse, Meatheads, and Dave Rahme...a love story"

I'd like my copy autographed by both Milly and Dave. See you at the booksigning. I'll be the one dressed for the Player's Ball with PeteCalvin's mom on my arm.

Dave, seriously, that's a hell of an idea. There's so much stuff written on Syracuse's basketball history; football history goes back farther and is equally rich, but there's nothing out there. This is a million-dollar idea.

Thanks for all your contributions, between your professional work and your very insightful posts on here.

There is a History of Syracuse University Football video but that only goes up to 1987 or so. Len Burman does some of the naration. Newhouse may have copies.

Arthur L. Evans did a book "Fifty years of football at Syracuse University, 1889-1939"it's a non circulating book available for perusal at the Central Library

The Syracuse Alumni Association did "70 years of football (1889-1958) that is available in article form in Syracuse University alumni news vol. 41 no.2 (fall 1959) This is also located at the Central Library history compact shelving and is non circulating.

hw7.pl

Scott Pitoniak another outstanding journalist who was squeezed out by the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle did "Syracuse University Football" which I have seen at Wegman's in the SU section. It's 100 pages of great pictures. That was published in 2003.

999d80d441bde90660cec44c635cb2b2174bfc40.jpg

Syracuse University coach Ben Schwartzwalder, center, puts his arms around his quarterback Ger Schwedes (16) as Texas coach Darrell Royal pushes Maurice Doke (81) toward the sidelines after tempers flared during the second quarter of the Cotton Bowl game in Dallas, Jan. 1, 1960. Syracuse players said the fight started when Texas players used a racial epithet against Syracuse's John Brown. (AP Photo)

Ben Scwartzwalder papers @ Bird Library non circulation 30 boxes of letters, personel papers etc.
These were donated by Reggie. At the archives site they are cataloged and available for viewing by request on the 6th floor of Bird.
Here is the list of the contents

Michael Mullins "Syracuse University football : a centennial celebration" editing and photo captions by Michael Holdridge 240 pages 1989

It's non circulatng at Central Lib, Hazard & B 'Ville have it in the non fiction section

Ken Rappoport "The Syracuse Football Story" 1975 357 pages available at numerous Onondaga Co libraries

There are also books on McNabb, Brown, Davis, Little, 1959

Thank you for the incredible coverage you have provided this zoo over the years. Your professionalsm and talent will be missed. You have many fans who can't wait to see what the future holds.

Thank you.

Ditto

It's a shame what's happening with the paper.

Dave has done a great job and let's hope he can continue his coverage from another platform.

yeah...my sister was also let go,but the paper was making money,not losing money.

thanks a million Dave

Dave...if you have flexibility pregame next Fall..you really need to come by our tailgate. Plan on us getting you liquored up and then the 20 questions about DM. :)

F this thread.

The guy is talented, can analyze and is smart. Can't wait to read what's next wherever it is.

The hottest fire makes the toughest steel.

(Sorry to drop a bastardize P quote, but the sentiment is legit. Looking forward to the FUTURE.)

There is a History of Syracuse University Football video but that only goes up to 1987 or so. Len Burman does some of the naration. Newhouse may have copies.

Arthur L. Evans did a book "Fifty years of football at Syracuse University, 1889-1939"it's a non circulating book available for perusal at the Central Library

The Syracuse Alumni Association did "70 years of football (1889-1958) that is available in article form in Syracuse University alumni news vol. 41 no.2 (fall 1959) This is also located at the Central Library history compact shelving and is non circulating.

hw7.pl

Scott Pitoniak another outstanding journalist who was squeezed out by the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle did "Syracuse University Football" which I have seen at Wegman's in the SU section. It's 100 pages of great pictures. That was published in 2003.

999d80d441bde90660cec44c635cb2b2174bfc40.jpg

Syracuse University coach Ben Schwartzwalder, center, puts his arms around his quarterback Ger Schwedes (16) as Texas coach Darrell Royal pushes Maurice Doke (81) toward the sidelines after tempers flared during the second quarter of the Cotton Bowl game in Dallas, Jan. 1, 1960. Syracuse players said the fight started when Texas players used a racial epithet against Syracuse's John Brown. (AP Photo)

Ben Scwartzwalder papers @ Bird Library non circulation 30 boxes of letters, personel papers etc.
These were donated by Reggie. At the archives site they are cataloged and available for viewing by request on the 6th floor of Bird.
Here is the list of the contents

Michael Mullins "Syracuse University football : a centennial celebration" editing and photo captions by Michael Holdridge 240 pages 1989

It's non circulatng at Central Lib, Hazard & B 'Ville have it in the non fiction section

Ken Rappoport "The Syracuse Football Story" 1975 357 pages available at numerous Onondaga Co libraries

There are also books on McNabb, Brown, Davis, Little, 1959

Wow. I need more leisure reading time.

Gerhardt Schwedes was not a QB - he was a halfback. Dave Sarette was the QB.

F this thread.

The guy is talented, can analyze and is smart. Can't wait to read what's next wherever it is.

The hottest fire makes the toughest steel.

(Sorry to drop a bastardize P quote, but the sentiment is legit. Looking forward to the FUTURE.)

Are you saying that Dave is a snowball...

or

Dave is very multiple?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom