Thank you Eric Dungey... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thank you Eric Dungey...

Don't kids usually go to summer school to get ahead on classes?

I think he is ahead and may be a December graduate. Some of the cpa kids try to get ahead.

I think he is ahead and may be a December graduate. Some of the cpa kids try to get ahead.

I think if anything, he will be going for a career in finance/investments, not accounting. In the business/investment world, your undergrad major really doesn't mean much.

Regardless though, I feel he would be a good coach. He loves the game and has the time to do it now before he has a wife, kids, etc. You can always enter the business world down the road.

I'm curious - why?

By all accounts Dungey's a smart guy who majored in a serious program. Seems that he could start his career with fewer hours a week and a much larger paycheck rather than putting in hard hours of thankless work as a GA.

Just a hunch. You can always fall back on a career in finance down the road. Be a GA now if you can't make it in the NFL and if coaching doesn't work out, he will have no shortage of offers due to name and school affiliation alone.

If Babers goes to Notre Dame, can Dungey just become our coach. That would mean he never has to leave.

If Babers goes to Notre Dame, can Dungey just become our coach. That would mean he never has to leave.
I do not want DINO TO LEAVE but I WOULD love to see Dungey back, he is a hero to me. Love both of these guys. And why would Dino consider Notre Dame? Have you ever been to South Bend Indiana? My daughter lived there 4 years, what an ugly environment, except for the University. Kind of like Nazi people in that town.

I do not want DINO TO LEAVE but I WOULD love to see Dungey back, he is a hero to me. Love both of these guys. And why would Dino consider Notre Dame? Have you ever been to South Bend Indiana? My daughter lived there 4 years, what an ugly environment, except for the University. Kind of like Nazi people in that town.
Just joking, sort of.

Uh oh Macky will not be happy with you giving away his job like that.

56fed6ff-7d08-4fb8-b467-e1558dac8771.jpg

"Thank you Eric Dunnnn-geyyyy"

In most states, the amount of accounting credits you need for a CPA license equates to a 5 year stint. I'd be surprised if he has enough credits after 3.5 years to test for his CPA.

Edit: Sorry, see you already addressed that in a previous post.

In most states, the amount of accounting credits you need for a CPA license equates to a 5 year stint. I'd be surprised if he has enough credits after 3.5 years to test for his CPA.

I agree. The 3.5 years would be for his degree but not the certification.

Uh oh Macky will not be happy with you giving away his job like that.
Macky is going to be the coach here someday, sooner rather than later.

When ED first stepped on campus, I don’t think anyone would have predicted the success he has had to date. To come in and compete, learn the playbook, and work his way up to #2 behind T. Hunt, was unimaginable. He was only on campus a few weeks before he became a four-year starter.
. . . .
Maybe could not project he would be the starter after Hunt’s injury, or how many SU records he set, but Dungey came to SU after posting big numbers for his Oregon high school team. Senior year 2395 yards passing with 22 TDs, plus 982 rushing yards and 15 TDs rushing. Big career numbers as well - 10,124 yds passing, 65 passing TDs, 41 rushing TDs.
Good size at 6ft 3, three sport athlete. You don’t land many QB prospects with that resume. It wasn’t a surprise that he was by far the best QB prospect SU had landed in many, many years.

Why you have to crap on Orange royalty to put me down.
Someone should not be handed the keys to a P5 school just because a family member was a great coach.
What has Mackey proven so far as a coach? Do you have proof he can equal what Dino has done so far?

Maybe could not project he would be the starter after Hunt’s injury, or how many SU records he set, but Dungey came to SU after posting big numbers for his Oregon high school team. Senior year 2395 yards passing with 22 TDs, plus 982 rushing yards and 15 TDs rushing. Big career numbers as well - 10,124 yds passing, 65 passing TDs, 41 rushing TDs.
Good size at 6ft 3, three sport athlete. You don’t land many QB prospects with that resume. It wasn’t a surprise that he was by far the best QB prospect SU had landed in many, many years.

I can see why he didn't land at Oregon -- at the time, I think Chip Kelly might have still been there, and they were at their peak. But why didn't Oregon State latch on? Or other northwestern teams like Washington, WSU, etc.? Why didn't Boise State?

Really doesn't make sense, given how prolific he was.

Their loss was our gain -- which is a massive understatement.

And yet no one on the west coast offered him, go figure. All those football experts out there but not one wanted him, go figure. We hit the jackpot on this one against all odds.

Someone should not be handed the keys to a P5 school just because a family member was a great coach.
What has Mackey proven so far as a coach? Do you have proof he can equal what Dino has done so far?
I thought Dino preached faith, now you want proof? Dino will move on someday, maybe a while from now when he retires, maybe sooner. We'll see at that point.

I think he means further down the road, but Macky has a lot of bridges to cross before that ever happens.

I think he means further down the road, but Macky has a lot of bridges to cross before that ever happens.
"Sooner than Later" does not equal down the road
He does have a ton of bridges to cross, just like UMASS joining the Big 10 ;)

"Sooner than Later" does not equal down the road
He does have a ton of bridges to cross, just like UMASS joining the Big 10 ;)
I would think that after Rutgers was brought into the B1G, nothing would be off the table.

Have you ever been to South Bend Indiana? My daughter lived there 4 years, what an ugly environment, except for the University. Kind of like Nazi people in that town.
That's quite an accusation. Think people throw these terms around way too much and not appropriately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom