Thank you FSU | Syracusefan.com

Thank you FSU

Marsh01

Living Legend
If I had to watch one more Puke-UNC game I may have drank a bottle of drano tonight.

if duke is 2 in the east fsu wouldn't be the 3 or 4, right?

I sure as hell hope so. Get this team off the 4 line.

Though my dream be UConn as KY's 8/9 and FSU as their 4. I doubt that will happen.

This game highlights the issue people are worried about the ACC though. FSU is inbounding the ball up by one with 40 seconds left. The commentary? "Will we have another UNC/Duke matchup?!?"

I know Syracuse is a bigger marquee name than FSU but this is still a concern. The "kiddie table" concept.

I think FSU is a 3 with a win tomorrow, otherwise a solid 4.

This game highlights the issue people are worried about the ACC though. FSU is inbounding the ball up by one with 40 seconds left. The commentary? "Will we have another UNC/Duke matchup?!?"

I know Syracuse is a bigger marquee name than FSU but this is still a concern. The "kiddie table" concept.

I disagree, I think there would be genuine media excitement if we were able to get to the ACC finals our first year. It's also nice to see the rise of some other programs. The ACC is going to be great in two years - UNC, Duke, Syracuse, Pitt, Maryland, NC State, FSU and Virginia will all be top 25 type teams. That's going to be a lot of fun.

I feel that the ACC will really be great after the arrival of Cuse and Pitt. They will surpass the BE in terms of being a better conference from top to bottom. I will still forever miss the rivalries and tradition of our Big East opponents. I used to attend the early BE tournaments in the Garden back in the days of Pearl, Wendell Alexis, Thompson, Walter Berry, Mullen, Pinone, Michael Graham... there are too many to mention. The fact that the excitement that was generated by those years in the Big East will never be achieved again.

Perhaps that atmosphere had already passed with the transformation of the Big East from it's original configuration but still, there can be no mistake that the Big East Tournament , at THE GARDEN has been the 2nd biggest spectacle next to the NCAA tournament itself in many of the past 30 years. I'll forever miss that. I'm hoping that with the passage of time Syracuse will carve out a new ACC identity and will provide many more exciting memories in much the same way it did while a charter member of the Big East.

Currently we are entering into a transitional period for Syracuse basketball with the changing of conferences and the impending changing of the guard with respect to our coach. There is as much uncertainty as there is certainty and it will be interesting to see what the future holds in store for the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom