• Eh?

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Wha?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Col. Bleep

All American
For writing about the STUPIDEST phenomenon in college basketball:

"MINUTES RANT OF THE WEEK There is entirely too much ritualistic slapping of hands (35) in college basketball...after every free throw, including the misses, and there is nothing quite so silly as seeing players all converge upon a shooter to low-five him after he bricks an uncontested shot.

When players are removed from the game, they often traverse the entire length of the bench to five everyone ...training staff, managers, perhaps even a stray priest if it’s a Catholic school."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab-...ong-and-who-s-gone-a-bit-crazy-074946843.html

This was comedic gold

Rutgers-Seton Hall: Not a lot of attention or glory in the Rumble for New Jersey, but coaches Bobby Gonzalez and Fred Hill don't like each other and staged a memorable in-game and postgame hissing match back in 2008. With one or more of them fighting for their jobs this season, it will add to the tension.

I don't think the OP was saying that his article was stupid. I think he was saying that he wrote about he stupidest thing in basketball.

seton hall and rutgers in the same sentence is the stupidest thing in basketball.

I have to agree with him. Slapping of hands has gotten to be such a habit that it is virtually meaningless anymore.

Years ago, I started bowling again after being away from it for over 10 years. Much to my surprise, everyone wanted to slap your hand after every frame you bowled. I quit it because some of those guys would hit you so hard it would almost take your hand off. I became known as a poor sport because I wouldn't automatically slap everyones hand each frame for three games. 150(+ or-) handslaps/night gets a little old.

I guess a little yell of encouragement in basketball or any other sport doesn't cut it anymore either. Apparently you don't know if you have your teammates support if you don't handslap whenever possible.

And lets not even get into chest bumps!

I have to agree with him. Slapping of hands has gotten to be such a habit that it is virtually meaningless anymore.

Years ago, I started bowling again after being away from it for over 10 years. Much to my surprise, everyone wanted to slap your hand after every frame you bowled. I quit it because some of those guys would hit you so hard it would almost take your hand off. I became known as a poor sport because I wouldn't automatically slap everyones hand each frame for three games. 150(+ or-) handslaps/night gets a little old.

I guess a little yell of encouragement in basketball or any other sport doesn't cut it anymore either. Apparently you don't know if you have your teammates support if you don't handslap whenever possible.

And lets not even get into chest bumps!

Ahh c'mon...

Next thing you know, you'll be saying baseball hitters shouldn't re-velcro their batting gloves after each pitch too...

It's not quite ladies' softball (where half their time is spent slapping hands) - but I never got the whole thing after a foul shot. If it was me and I just made a foul shot - I don't want anyone disturbing my rhythm.

Ahh c'mon...

Next thing you know, you'll be saying baseball hitters shouldn't re-velcro their batting gloves after each pitch too...
Heck yes. It would give them more time to fondle their privates.