Thanks Dino and staff! | Syracusefan.com

Thanks Dino and staff!

Dino was a quality person off the field and I definitely appreciate that. And it seemed like the players genuinely liked him. So I wish him nothing but the best.

He tried, he had momentum, he lost it and wasn’t able to recover. And it wasn’t just wins and losses. The coach he was his first 3 years was not the coach he was his last 4 and it was very noticeable.

People celebrating by kicking dirt on him are really lame.

You can be of the opinion that a change was needed, optimistic for the future and also be respectful of the things the coaching staff did accomplish and how they acted as members of our community.

None of those feelings are mutually exclusive.

He's 62 so young enough to get another job.

Godspeed Dino, there will be plenty of jobs out there for you. Wish you and your family the best. We had some great moments in your tenure !

I am sure you did not want this to end this way. You worked hard, always had the best interest of your players and SU in all of your deeds. High character is something thrown around too often. You sir, encompass that. Best of luck in whatever you choose to do from this point forward. Thank you coach.

keep your chin up dino . Greg Robinson had a 5–37 overall record, and a 2–25 record in conference play (which is the lowest winning percentage for a non-interim coach in school history) and he was hired the next year by michigan .

I think Dino’s greatest quality was as a mentor to the young men he recruited and took in.

Seems indisputable that he was very good at that.

It would be nice to see him carry on in that vein in some way, whether that is inside or outside of coaching.

Thanks coach.

Good luck and sorry it didn't work out.

We simply need better performance in all facets of the game and you didn't deliver it, and were paid a lot of money to do so. Business is business.

You seem like a great person though, so no hard feelings.

Good luck in your future endeavors and God bless.

Thank you Coach Babers - none of us wanted this to end this way - but it is a business and results are paramount. The young men that played for you were fortunate enough to play for a coach who set a wonderful example of how to be a leader.
Good luck to you-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom