Thanks for coming back this year, CJ. | Syracusefan.com

Thanks for coming back this year, CJ.

I admire ur admiration for CJ, but serioulsy, where was he going to go? The d league?

yeah, I feel bad for the kid now. He lost some money coming back. Seems like a good kid. I hope he still gets a legit shot in the association.

Well...I'll tell you what he had much higher draft prospects after last year
No he didn't. The scouts would have seen everything we did this year in the Chicago pre draft league. He would have dropped like a stone. Great kid. Good college player. But not NBA

Everybody talks about Ennis and Grant but not CJ.
I hope he gets a good job next year, wherever it is.

CJ gave us a lot of great plays and great wins during his career at SU. A few clunkers at the end don't change that. Thanks CJ and wish him all the best.

How can anybody not love this kid? Derogatory remarks about his NBA prospects aren't exactly very classy when somebody is appreciative of him returning to lay his blood and guts on the line for our team. Regardless of what or where CJ is next year, I have the highest admiration, respect, and gratitude for him.

I'm glad he stayed, but in hindsight he should have left after last year.

NBA scouts know the biz.

The only thing CJ proved by coming back was that he is NOT a front line scoring option (which we all knew); he's still a kid who can come off the bench and hit some jump shots. He was never supremely gifted athletically but he's solid fundamentally.

I don't think him coming back changed anything. He was never a top 20 pick regardless.

NBA scouts know the biz.

The only thing CJ proved by coming back was that he is NOT a front line scoring option (which we all knew); he's still a kid who can come off the bench and hit some jump shots. He was never supremely gifted athletically but he's solid fundamentally.

I don't think him coming back changed anything. He was never a top 20 pick regardless.

It changed a lot for us and Syracuse. The season looks like a failure right now but we had a lot of memorable moments and got a solid beach head of respect in the ACC. That would have been extremely difficult without him.

I was actually kind of surprised that this was ever an issue last year. I love CJ, but I never, ever worried about him jumping to the nba. He is what he is. A fantastic second option in college or turkey, which is great for a living. But he is not making millions in the league.

Loved CJ from day one. Had a tough senior year from the viewpoint of expectations, but he had a very good year and career. Always loved his steady play.

Bottom line CJ wasn't good enough to lead this team. He faltered badly the last third of the season. His tryout for the NBA didn't workout

Bottom line CJ wasn't good enough to lead this team. He faltered badly the last third of the season. His tryout for the NBA didn't workout

How many Syracuse teams have ever been ranked #1? And don't give me any reasons to dismiss that accomplishment. CJ was a huge part of it. Ease off the kid man.

How many Syracuse teams have ever been ranked #1? And don't give me any reasons to dismiss that accomplishment. CJ was a huge part of it. Ease off the kid man.
CJ was elevated into a position that didn't suit him. He's a tremendous player, but not everyone is meant to be the go-to, #1 option. I kinda wish we made Ennis that guy earlier, it was clear by February he'd be the guy. I love CJ but he's much better off as a 2nd or 3rd option.

CJ was elevated into a position that didn't suit him. He's a tremendous player, but not everyone is meant to be the go-to, #1 option. I kinda wish we made Ennis that guy earlier, it was clear by February he'd be the guy. I love CJ but he's much better off as a 2nd or 3rd option.

He did alright for himself. I got nothing but love for CJ.

I admire ur admiration for CJ, but serioulsy, where was he going to go? The d league?

Wow...you really don't get it, do you? That kid gave his heart and soul to SU for four years...if you think draft position is the definition of a successful career, you've got it wrong...

CJ = Todd Burgan.
Good college player, but not a lead dog.
He did what he could, but expectations were probably too high

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom