THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trevor has to know his strenghts

His career is over as an Orange. You need to rephrase this has "Trevor never knew his strengths" while he was here.

That was JB's fault. Cooney should have been out there but Roberson should not have. We had 6.6 seconds left. We needed guys who could dribble the length of the court. Option #1 should have been G. #2 should have been Malachi. #3 should have been Howard. #4 should have been Cooney. The fact that Cooney was #2 is on JB not Cooney.

He took the last shot in the Georgia Dome at the FF too, had about the same chance to go in.

Trevor has to know his strenghts but G and Mall have to come hard to the ball at this point of the season and take it from him as well. and I know it's taboo to question JB but why is he in there? That is a tough spot for anyone to have to sit that long (13 minutes of game time) and contribute.

That ball was never going to leave his hands. Never.

I guess I don't understand what everyone is in an uproar over? He got a good shot and missed. It sucks.

The fact that Gbinije made no attempt whatsoever to get open/Malachi was inbounding so he was already taken out of the play to begin with kinda forced it to Cooney.

I guess I don't understand what everyone is in an uproar over? He got a good shot and missed. It sucks.

The fact that Gbinije made no attempt whatsoever to get open/Malachi was inbounding so he was already taken out of the play to begin with kinda forced it to Cooney.
sounds like a coaching issue.

And it was an awful shot. They needed 1 point. He took an off-balance three because he can't drive effectively. He's the 4th best offensive option on the team and just came off the bench.

I would've rather had him get his lunch handed to him by all 5 Pitt players taking it hard to the rim than that. No B-ball IQ...

Didn't he drive for 2 when we were down 3 in that game...and this one, shoot a 3 down 1? SMH

yes. both shots had no chance of going in. 1 of the most unclutch cuse players ever

If you think that was a good shot you need your head examined.

i blame boeheim, cooney cannot be out there in that situation. id rather howard shooting and im not even joking, that shot had a 0.0000% chance of going in
You gotta force the ball to G...they needed to get like coleman to come up and catch and have G go around him on the run or something...to give it to Cooney and ask him to win the game is just a absolute joke...it is more crushing that it happened this way. I rather have lost by 12.

Lets make a pact guys, no more Cooney threads during the NIT. I kid I kid

If you think that was a good shot you need your head examined.

I'd like to go back and watch it again, but the one time I saw it in real time, he got his man to slip and pulled up while he was still down. In that kind of situation you can do a lot worse than a relatively open 3.

I put it more on the coach/Gbinije. It looked like we were surprised that Pittsburgh was actually trying to defend us full-court. Just makes no sense; it didn't appear that we even attempted to run a play.

I don't understand why Mali is inbounding the ball. Have anyone else do it. You know they are doubling G so have DC2 in bound it or something. Literally anyone else. I would have had Cooney in bound it and have Mali in the spot Cooney was in. We are down 1 and Mali is way quicker. He would have gotten to the lane and finished. I'm really not that upset because I knew that is what we were going to do and that it would fail.

As soon as he caught the in bounds I knew we lost

Ha ha... I hate to admit it, but that's exactly the way I felt. I was praying for Malachi to get the shot and when i saw him inbounding the ball and G double teamed, I knew as well! Sucks!!

There was enough time to have G inbound it, still get the ball, drive the length of the court and get off a better shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom