That game was won on three plays | Syracusefan.com

That game was won on three plays

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
1. Graham's kickoff return for a TD. Swung the momentum back to the good guys.

2. Wilkes pick in the red zone to close the door on the half.

3. Nassib's 3rd down completion to Chew for the 1st on our opening drive of the 3rd Q.

Those plays kept momentum on our side. WFVU had chances to make that a lot closer than it was, but our guys were the better men and made the plays to respond. Excellent to see.

I also think it was nice to see us pile on the points. You can shorten the game by running clock, but I think last night we saw a game get shortened a different way. The team with a weaker will quit in the third quarter down by more than they thought they could overcome.

Those were all big plays, but no play was bigger than the unsportsmanlike conduct when the defender threw Hay to the ground on that second drive. The ref was willing to let the guy walk away, but the extra "fling" got us the flag and kept that drive going, putting us up 14-3.

1. Graham's kickoff return for a TD. Swung the momentum back to the good guys.

2. Wilkes pick in the red zone to close the door on the half.

3. Nassib's 3rd down completion to Chew for the 1st on our opening drive of the 3rd Q.

Those plays kept momentum on our side. WFVU had chances to make that a lot closer than it was, but our guys were the better men and made the plays to respond. Excellent to see.

I also think it was nice to see us pile on the points. You can shorten the game by running clock, but I think last night we saw a game get shortened a different way. The team with a weaker will quit in the third quarter down by more than they thought they could overcome.

The team with better QB, better game plan, more diverse offense won the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom