That Happy Feeling | Syracusefan.com

That Happy Feeling

SWC75

Bored Historian
I'm an easy listening type of guy. (It beats hard listening). Decades ago I used to enjoy listening to this piece of music whenever it came on the radio. Years ago I found it on You-Tube and made it a favorite. I'm presently going through my favorites, (there are hundreds), eliminating bad links and stuff I've never used and I came across it again:

What interested me is an exchange of comments between me and another poster from seven years ago:

Me: "I listened to this several times and then found myself humming it to myself as I went through the day. I found something slightly sad, or poignant about it. The music builds as more and more instruments are added. Then, one by one, they are subtracted. You wind up where you started. The message seemed to be one that happiness is fleeting and becomes a memory after a while."

The other guy: "You're interpretation seems spot on to me. I've loved this song since childhood and have been humming it for over 40 years (this was the station ID music for a small UHF TV station in L.A. in the 70's). I also picked up the real happiness is when everyone is participating, and ebbs as others leave."

The SU basketball team has had "That Happy Feeling" once this year: the Duke game. It's the one game where everybody contributed. We've won a bunch of other games where 2-3 guys played well. if we are to have a happy ending, we need all the instruments playing or the happiness will just fade away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom