That late hit penalty on Lyn vs NU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

That late hit penalty on Lyn vs NU

You are being rational, I am not. I am still pissed.

Who knows what would've happened had NU not gotten that free first down. Your photoshop is after he hit him inbounds BTW.

Yes, but he shoved him after he was OOB. I have watched this play over and over and Keon just did a stupid thing by shoving him when he was a yard or two OOB right in front of the official - and it was the QB. If that had happened to Ryan we would all have been incensed.

And Rutgers really pushed us around that day. We didn't deserve to win that game.

Did you really just say that? We had 418 yards of offense versus their 237 yards of offense. We had 23 first downs compared to their 12 first downs. We dominated that game.

We had 4 turnovers, they had zero. We lost that game, they did not win that game. Give me a break.

Worrying about referee calls is a waste of time.

Whether the NW call was bad or not, Lyn should not have been near the guy.

And focusing on one bad call against Cincy, when the Bearcats ran the ball up and down the field all day is pointless.

We should have beaten NW - on the field.

We were not beaten by the refs in the Cincy game or the Rutgers game.

Right so he was supposed to let the QB walk into the endzone is what you're saying? In order to make the play Keon had to tackle the man or push him out because the QB wasn't running OOB.

Did you really just say that? We had 418 yards of offense versus their 237 yards of offense. We had 23 first downs compared to their 12 first downs. We dominated that game.

We had 4 turnovers, they had zero. We lost that game, they did not win that game. Give me a break.
No question we beat ourselves two years in a row vs Rutgers.

Oh this isn't the only thread he does this in ... the guy is like a broken record ... you want a good laugh go look at the "I'm pretty confident when I say this ... " thread bees started ... same shtick ... logic doesn't apply in his world.

We ran the ball at 4.5 a clip ... they ran it a whooping 2.0 a clip ... we had more TFLs too ...

Right so he was supposed to let the QB walk into the endzone is what you're saying? In order to make the play Keon had to tackle the man or push him out because the QB wasn't running OOB.

Yep that is what he is saying ... :rolling:

Yes, that's what I said.

Rutgers caused us to fumble four times - we lost the ball two times. Rutgers forced Ryan to throw two INTs. Rutgers sacked Ryan three times - and hit him countless times - their physical play caused the TOs.

Rutgers held us to 62 yards on the ground - they dominated our line and blocked a FG.

We did not get a single turnover or a single sack on the Rutgers QB - we rarely got near him that day.

I think most forget that once Rutgers had a comfortable lead it played it very close to the vest.

Despite the late yards in the air, we were never really in the game. Much of our yardage was garbage yardage.

I know it's blasphemy on this board to say anything that could be construed as positive about Rutgers. But the truth is that we were beaten pretty soundly that day. As much as I hate to say it - it's true.

Yes, that's what I said.

Rutgers caused us to fumble four times - we lost the ball two times. Rutgers forced Ryan to throw two INTs. Rutgers sacked Ryan three times - and hit him countless times - their physical play caused the TOs.

Rutgers held us to 62 yards on the ground - they dominated our line and blocked a FG.

We did not get a single turnover or a single sack on the Rutgers QB - we rarely got near him that day.

I think most forget that once Rutgers had a comfortable lead it played it very close to the vest.

Despite the late yards in the air, we were never really in the game. Much of our yardage was garbage yardage.

I know it's blasphemy on this board to say anything that could be construed as positive about Rutgers. But the truth is that we were beaten pretty soundly that day. As much as I hate to say it - it's true.

Garbage Yardage when we still had a chance to recover an onside kick and score to tie the game? OPA, you're becoming a parody. None of this is "they pushed us around" either. 2 TDs is not a "comfortable lead".

Yes, that's what I said.

I do not even know how to respond to this. That game was never "comfortable" for Rutgers. Ever. We beat the piss out of their offense. The FG block was disastrous. Nassib's fumble was disastrous.

I won't give Rutgers credit for that game. Ever.

Garbage Yardage when we still had a chance to recover an onside kick and score to tie the game? OPA, you're becoming a parody. None of this is "they pushed us around" either. 2 TDs is not a "comfortable lead".

We had a shot to tie the game at the end ... we had two possessions albeit one was for about 35 seconds. It has nothing to do with being positive for Rutgers it has to do with the fact that you are completely and totally wrong in your assessment of the talent level of each and every program in the conference and how some of these games played out. You are totally wrong I don't know how else to get it to sink into your head, I still don't know what games you were watching this season ... is it 2008 or something in here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom