That shot Howard Washington took | Syracusefan.com

That shot Howard Washington took

I don't know. He sort of looks like he doesnt take things very seriously. "Oh.. Im in the game..Weird...well, let me throw up a hideous brick for good measure"
this post is just kind of dumb sounding.

It was one of those your open for a reason moment. It’s like Chukwu catching the ball at the foul line and thinking they aren’t guarding me and letting it fly. We have three people who score most our points and to not understand your role and that we need Tyus, OB or Frank taking a shot that possession is really unfortunate.

It sounded dumb because it described an incredibly dumb sequence by a player who thus far has shown himself to be rather dumb when it comes to playing organized basketball.
he's a freshman that was never supposed to play. he is also a freshman that wasn't clearly an SU level recruit. if you want to beat on the kid I get it, but no one thought he was going to win games for us especially as a freshman or ever. so call the kid dumb if it makes you feel better

he's a freshman that was never supposed to play. he is also a freshman that wasn't clearly an SU level recruit. if you want to beat on the kid I get it, but no one thought he was going to win games for us especially as a freshman or ever. so call the kid dumb if it makes you feel better

it was a dumb basketball play. Kid could be freaking Einstein for all I know off the court. If he isnt an SU level recruit, one would think he wouldn't jack up a shot the second he gets in the game.

It was one of those your open for a reason moment. It’s like Chukwu catching the ball at the foul line and thinking they aren’t guarding me and letting it fly. We have three people who score most our points and to not understand your role and that we need Tyus, OB or Frank taking a shot that possession is really unfortunate.
I hope JB turns Dolezaj loose a little. I think he is ready to contribute offensively. Taking 2 or 3 10-15 footers might loosen up opponents' defenses.

It's imperative that Dolezaj becomes more of a scoring threat as opposing coaches are telling their players to let anyone but Battle and maybe Brissett beat them.

Marek fakes threes, is he not allowed to take them?

It's imperative that Dolezaj becomes more of a scoring threat as opposing coaches are telling their players to let anyone but Battle and maybe Brissett beat them.

I think it’s possible. I definitely would like to see it. He has way better instincts and skill than Matt. It’s kinda comical watching Matt waste time and dribble around by himself out by the three point line.

He probably knows a bad 3 attempt will get him a seat on the bench.

Part of what makes Marek so effective and fun to watch is his ability to play within his abilities and hustle like mad to overcome his (current) weaknesses
Also, fun to see Marek expand his game, with passes, and simple finishes, adding to his hustle on the defensive end. At 6ft 9in, with a few moves, he can be more of a scoring threat and it looks like JB trusts him. Except not taking 3s.

Also, fun to see Marek expand his game, with passes, and simple finishes, adding to his hustle on the defensive end. At 6ft 9in, with a few moves, he can be more of a scoring threat and it looks like JB trusts him. Except not taking 3s.

Really thought Marek was going to win the game for us in OT. And then he fouled out.

He probably knows a bad 3 attempt will get him a seat on the bench.

Part of what makes Marek so effective and fun to watch is his ability to play within his abilities and hustle like mad to overcome his (current) weaknesses
I think he has the green light to shoot actually, it's just not in his game to bomb it right now. Might not even cross his mind.

I think the only think that parks him on the bench is foul trouble.

it was a dumb basketball play. Kid could be freaking Einstein for all I know off the court. If he isnt an SU level recruit, one would think he wouldn't jack up a shot the second he gets in the game.

Jesus, you're being brutal. He can shoot. He was open, he shot. Yeah, it was a brick but so what? The chance of anybody else on the court doing better than putting up a brick on that possession was about 0.0001%. If Battle had a wide open layup, he probably would have airballed it. That's how bad the team was. I don't see the point in crucifying a 3 star recruit for shooting an open shot that he has the ability to make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom